Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic here.
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Tue May 18, 2021 8:30 am

Hello
I am making a car for Re-Volt as a school project, but I can't find any tutorials on how to make one, and the ones on revoltzone.net don't load. I have no idea how to use the blender addon or what I'm supposed to do, or really anything in general

Thanks
Ato
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Ato » Thu May 20, 2021 5:41 am

For car model in Blender: https://re-volt.gitlab.io/re-volt-addon/
For car physics in parameters: http://revoltzone.net/tools/15674/Param ... otes%207.1
In parameters, you can basically try any (in)sane values and the game will try to run with it. Magical (and mad) things have been done this way.

GreetZ,
Ato
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Thu May 20, 2021 8:12 am

Ato wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:41 am
For car model in Blender: https://re-volt.gitlab.io/re-volt-addon/
For car physics in parameters: http://revoltzone.net/tools/15674/Param ... otes%207.1
In parameters, you can basically try any (in)sane values and the game will try to run with it. Magical (and mad) things have been done this way.

GreetZ,
Ato
Ok thanks. This probably sounds like a stupid question, but I use the notes to fiddle with the blender model right?
And also, how does Re-Volt know which part of the car is the wheels and body etc? Do I use the addon to assign specific parts of the model as different parts of the Car?

I will be asking a lot of questions, and I'd really appreciate if they could be answered/
Thanks
Ato
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Ato » Thu May 20, 2021 11:54 am

Parameters file describes what model is used for which part of the car. Bblender is where you make and paint the parts. Params file has a section where models are assigned, a section where the car's general physics parameters are assigned, a section where each wheel's attributes are assigned, etc.

Read through the parameters tutorial before yuou ask anything else. Many quesrtions become clear from there.

Greetz,
Ato
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Sat May 22, 2021 12:28 am

Ato wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 11:54 am
Parameters file describes what model is used for which part of the car. Bblender is where you make and paint the parts. Params file has a section where models are assigned, a section where the car's general physics parameters are assigned, a section where each wheel's attributes are assigned, etc.

Read through the parameters tutorial before yuou ask anything else. Many quesrtions become clear from there.

Greetz,
Ato
Apoligies this might be a stupid question, but I cannot find the parameters tutorial. Is it in the notes? Is it the notes? Or is it somewhere else?
User avatar
Manmountain
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am
Discord: #2866
Location: England UK

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Manmountain » Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm

The link to the "parameter Notes 7.1" is the tutorial, in respects that it it will explain, to the best of our knowledge, what each parameter does, what it effects and how to adjust it.
Image
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Sat May 22, 2021 10:43 pm

Manmountain wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm
The link to the "parameter Notes 7.1" is the tutorial, in respects that it it will explain, to the best of our knowledge, what each parameter does, what it effects and how to adjust it.
Okay thank you
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Sun May 23, 2021 8:32 am

Manmountain wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm
The link to the "parameter Notes 7.1" is the tutorial, in respects that it it will explain, to the best of our knowledge, what each parameter does, what it effects and how to adjust it.
Okay, I made a copy of the car "Stinger"s parameters, and ajusted them to make it faster and accelerate better, but has far worse handling and lower weight. I'm now up to using blender to make the body and wheels. Is this done in the traditional Blender way with the Re-Volt addon effects added? Or is it done a different way altogether
User avatar
Manmountain
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am
Discord: #2866
Location: England UK

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Manmountain » Sun May 23, 2021 5:59 pm

Keamon wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:32 am
Manmountain wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm
The link to the "parameter Notes 7.1" is the tutorial, in respects that it it will explain, to the best of our knowledge, what each parameter does, what it effects and how to adjust it.
Okay, I made a copy of the car "Stinger"s parameters, and ajusted them to make it faster and accelerate better, but has far worse handling and lower weight.
Trial and error my friend. "handling" is more a personal choice, try adjusting other param values to bring the handling back to your personal preference while keeping the speed and acceleration settings.
Image
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Sun May 23, 2021 11:14 pm

Manmountain wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:59 pm
Keamon wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:32 am
Manmountain wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm
The link to the "parameter Notes 7.1" is the tutorial, in respects that it it will explain, to the best of our knowledge, what each parameter does, what it effects and how to adjust it.
Okay, I made a copy of the car "Stinger"s parameters, and ajusted them to make it faster and accelerate better, but has far worse handling and lower weight.
Trial and error my friend. "handling" is more a personal choice, try adjusting other param values to bring the handling back to your personal preference while keeping the speed and acceleration settings.
I know. I set the Handling low so that I don't make a car that's very fast, has great acceleration, and has responsive and controllable handling. I want to make it have some weakness.
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Mon May 24, 2021 4:04 am

Manmountain wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 5:59 pm
Keamon wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:32 am
Manmountain wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 3:30 pm
The link to the "parameter Notes 7.1" is the tutorial, in respects that it it will explain, to the best of our knowledge, what each parameter does, what it effects and how to adjust it.
Okay, I made a copy of the car "Stinger"s parameters, and ajusted them to make it faster and accelerate better, but has far worse handling and lower weight.
Trial and error my friend. "handling" is more a personal choice, try adjusting other param values to bring the handling back to your personal preference while keeping the speed and acceleration settings.
Also, I don't know how to make blender models for the car and impliment them
Ato
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Ato » Mon May 24, 2021 12:19 pm

Params from TopEnd to MaxRevs are for show only. They don't change anything in the car's actual handling. Changes come from all the other parametters.

Greetz,
Ato.
User avatar
Manmountain
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am
Discord: #2866
Location: England UK

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Manmountain » Mon May 24, 2021 5:00 pm

Keamon wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:04 am
........Also, I don't know how to make blender models for the car and impliment them
Yeah, neither do I, sorry. I've just used other's models and resized if needed then remapped to texture sheet to meet all the models requirements. Making from scratch ain't me thing.
Image
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Mon May 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Manmountain wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:00 pm
Keamon wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:04 am
........Also, I don't know how to make blender models for the car and impliment them
Yeah, neither do I, sorry. I've just used other's models and resized if needed then remapped to texture sheet to meet all the models requirements. Making from scratch ain't me thing.
What I'm getting from that is that you know how to retexture and resize models but not create models? If so, how do I resize and retexture?
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Mon May 24, 2021 9:05 pm

Ato wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 12:19 pm
Params from TopEnd to MaxRevs are for show only. They don't change anything in the car's actual handling. Changes come from all the other parametters.

Greetz,
Ato.
I have established that before, I read the notes. Do you know how to make PRM models in blender, Texture them and make Re-Volt accept them?
Ato
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Ato » Tue May 25, 2021 10:20 am

Sorry, I'm not making them from scratch either. I have just imported various free 3d models from the WWW to Blendrer, and then exported them as Re-Volt prm-s. Works well, too.
Greetz,
Ato
User avatar
Manmountain
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am
Discord: #2866
Location: England UK

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Manmountain » Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Keamon wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:56 pm
Manmountain wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:00 pm
Keamon wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 4:04 am
........Also, I don't know how to make blender models for the car and impliment them
Yeah, neither do I, sorry. I've just used other's models and resized if needed then remapped to texture sheet to meet all the models requirements. Making from scratch ain't me thing.
What I'm getting from that is that you know how to retexture and resize models but not create models? If so, how do I resize and retexture?
I used some older Dos based tool.
The collection of tools can be downloaded here : https://revolt_f1.webs.com/RV%20Tools/Chaos%20RV%20Tools.zip
Stored on my web page, but the link on my page is not working correctly, server issues I guess.
They are a collection of mini tools, by Chaos, run in Dos by the use of Batch files. They include a manual. probably something most wouldn't be able to get to work correctly running through Windows 10.
Image
Ato
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:55 pm

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Ato » Wed May 26, 2021 7:30 pm

You'll need the Blender addon to export as prm-s.
https://re-volt.gitlab.io/re-volt-addon/

Greetz,
Ato
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Wed May 26, 2021 8:38 pm

Ato wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 7:30 pm
You'll need the Blender addon to export as prm-s.
https://re-volt.gitlab.io/re-volt-addon/

Greetz,
Ato
Yeah, i already have it added on to both copies of Blender on my Laptop and PC, but I'm not sure how to map textures on the car, or specify what parts of the car are the wheels and the body
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Wed May 26, 2021 8:43 pm

Manmountain wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 6:09 pm
Keamon wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 8:56 pm
Manmountain wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 5:00 pm


Yeah, neither do I, sorry. I've just used other's models and resized if needed then remapped to texture sheet to meet all the models requirements. Making from scratch ain't me thing.
What I'm getting from that is that you know how to retexture and resize models but not create models? If so, how do I resize and retexture?
I used some older Dos based tool.
The collection of tools can be downloaded here : https://revolt_f1.webs.com/RV%20Tools/Chaos%20RV%20Tools.zip
Stored on my web page, but the link on my page is not working correctly, server issues I guess.
They are a collection of mini tools, by Chaos, run in Dos by the use of Batch files. They include a manual. probably something most wouldn't be able to get to work correctly running through Windows 10.
Okay, I think I have an old PC that has Windows 7 on it, and if that doesn't work, I can ask my dad to try doing it on his old Windows XP PC. Also, how do I actually make textures? Is it done in a traditional way by using Photoshop or something of the sort, or is it also done in Blender also?
User avatar
Skarma
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Skarma » Wed May 26, 2021 10:16 pm

All you ever need to create a car is Blender 2.79b with the RV plugin, you won't require the use of any archaic tools. Any image editor that you feel comfortable with can be used to make textures but I wouldn't recommend Paint. For editing parameters, you only need Notepad, Notepad++, whatever you use to edit .txt files. And the game itself, of course, to see and test your changes.
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Thu May 27, 2021 1:23 am

Skarma wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:16 pm
All you ever need to create a car is Blender 2.79b with the RV plugin, you won't require the use of any archaic tools. Any image editor that you feel comfortable with can be used to make textures but I wouldn't recommend Paint. For editing parameters, you only need Notepad, Notepad++, whatever you use to edit .txt files. And the game itself, of course, to see and test your changes.
Okay thank you, awesome
User avatar
Manmountain
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:56 am
Discord: #2866
Location: England UK

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Manmountain » Thu May 27, 2021 3:21 pm

Skarma wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:16 pm
.... you won't require the use of any archaic tools. ....
Well, that's me all over, LOL :D :lol:
Image
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Fri May 28, 2021 5:31 am

Skarma wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:16 pm
All you ever need to create a car is Blender 2.79b with the RV plugin, you won't require the use of any archaic tools. Any image editor that you feel comfortable with can be used to make textures but I wouldn't recommend Paint. For editing parameters, you only need Notepad, Notepad++, whatever you use to edit .txt files. And the game itself, of course, to see and test your changes.
Okay, is there a special way to map textures, or is it done in Blender?
User avatar
Keamon
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed May 05, 2021 5:00 am

Re: Any Good Re-Volt custom car tutorials

Unread post by Keamon » Fri May 28, 2021 7:22 am

Skarma wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 10:16 pm
All you ever need to create a car is Blender 2.79b with the RV plugin, you won't require the use of any archaic tools. Any image editor that you feel comfortable with can be used to make textures but I wouldn't recommend Paint. For editing parameters, you only need Notepad, Notepad++, whatever you use to edit .txt files. And the game itself, of course, to see and test your changes.
Also (Very sorry for asking a lot of questions) are wheels made at the same time as the body or done in a different .blend file?
Post Reply