Can't raise or lower modules in the Track Editor

Report issues or bugs in RVGL or ask for help regarding any Re-Volt topic.
Grandaddypurple

Can't raise or lower modules in the Track Editor

Unread post by Grandaddypurple » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Hello everyone, back into Re-Volt since 2001. I tried my favorite feature, the Track Editor, and I can't raise or lower modules. The PageUp - PageDown do nothing as I'm on a laptop and these keys are on my numpad, and they are activated only when the numpad is disabled. However, no matter if numpad is enabled or disabled, there is no way to raise or lower modules...

Anyone know a workaround ? Thanks !

Re: Can't raise or lower modules in the Track Editor

Unread post by 607 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:14 am

As far as I know you do need the numpad keys. It would be great if this turned out to be otherwise, though. ;)
I'm a bit confused, though: you say you're on a laptop but you also seem to indicate you do have a numpad. What's the point about being on a laptop, then? :P Maybe share a picture of your keyboard layout?
Grandaddypurple

Unread post by Grandaddypurple » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:17 am

Yep here it is: https://imgur.com/a/RYiIegI
The PageUp and PageDown are respectively on the 9 and 3 keys of the NumPad. Outside of the Track Editor, they only work when the NumPad is deactivated

Unread post by 607 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Thanks for the picture. I get the issue now. For some time I was under the impression that you needed the num pad, as this is the case in the in-game editor (accessed with the -dev launch parameter, the URDLDRU cheat or the MAKEITGOOD name). This can cause issues on laptops but it shouldn't for you, as you do have a num pad. However, the Lego Track Editor indeed doesn't use the num pad. You'll have to use the regular Page Up and Page Down keys, but I see your keyboard doesn't have those.
I don't think you can remap the keys in the track editor (I might be wrong?), but you could remap your keys in Windows. However, that might be an inconvenience outside the track editor. :P Maybe you have some keys you rarely use, though? This is a clear guide if you want to try it out. https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-remap-your-keyboard