PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Post about the progress of your projects.
kiwi

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:27 pm

ATTENTION

There are changes in the project regarding parametering.

Chapter 5 was changed to the following:

The guys in the list below are responsible for doing parameters for 16 cars. They work together in a team. All cars should be part of the Semi-Pro class, and should have different parameters. The finished 16 parameters will be spreaded to the 16 cars, which will be part of the pack in the end.
  • Responsible 1: Kipy
  • Responsible 2: L!lMexican
  • Responsible 3: URV
  • Parameter balancing: Shara

ATTENTION

Change in Chapter 3 (Miscellaneous):

You don't have to do own parameters, parametering will be part of the parametering-team. Contact them, if you have ideas regarding parameters.
Last edited by kiwi on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:03 pm

What is the dead line for skin ? (I can try but i'n afraid i'll work too much slowly)
if i can i'll use #79
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:34 pm

There is no deadline so far, Sebr. If you will send the skin about beginning of April, it should be fine. Which colors do you plan, also which sponsor? Will add you to the list.

Unread post by 607 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 am

So the differences between parameters within the pack will be less than the differences between the parameters of Pemto and Pemta? Because I thought those were quite different, not just small variations.
Also, I am still considering joining in for this, as I really like the project, and if my car doesn't get picked (as expected ;)) I could still release it, with my own parameters. :)
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:53 am

ATTENTION

I have added a new section to the main thread. You can also read it her:

------------------------

4. End-Phase:

After the deadline of livery-submission (date t.b.d.), the project will run through the following phases:
  • Public voting 1 - reduce to 32 cars. Every person can pick their favourite 16 cars out of (up to) 100 cars. In the end of the voting, this votes will summed up, so there are 32 cars left.
  • Public voting 2 - reduce to 24 cars. Every person can pick their favourite 16 cars out of 32 cars. In the end of the voting, this votes will summed up, so there are 24 cars left.
  • Core-team voting - reduce to 16 cars. The core team will decide, which cars will make it to the final package (out of the 24 cars left). Also things like a good color balance will be considered. (For example, if there are to many blue cars, some of them will be eleminated).
  • Livery adjustments. The Core-team will do (if necessary) slightly adjustments to the skins, so all the cars have the same appearance and fit together.
  • Parameter deployment. The Parameter-team will deploy the parameters to the final 16 cars.
  • Carboxes. The Carbox-responsible will do carboxes for all 16 cars.
  • Packaging. The Core-team will compile all things together. (Including naming convention for the cars).
  • Release of the pack :-)
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:37 am

I have the #39 nearly done and i think i can make 1 more number #24 and sponsor DY (thats HP but rotated in 180 :D ) Colors: light blue and white. When im done where can i send? :tim_allen:
Im the guy thats Bendor main
My youtube & my secret youtube
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:16 pm

607 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 am So the differences between parameters within the pack will be less than the differences between the parameters of Pemto and Pemta? Because I thought those were quite different, not just small variations.
Also, I am still considering joining in for this, as I really like the project, and if my car doesn't get picked (as expected ;)) I could still release it, with my own parameters. :)
607, I don't know how big the differences between the single cars will be in end. This is job of the parametering team. My personal opinion is, that all cars should provide different expiriences, so it's fun to test them all out. It would be cool if the pack will serve some long-term-fun, not only for some races. The rules just say, that the cars shouldn't have "absurdly" different parameters. What I mean by this is, that all cars should drive like Nascars, not like a Monstertruck for example. I'm sure the parametering team will do a good job.
Tryxn wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:37 am I have the #39 nearly done and i think i can make 1 more number #24 and sponsor DY (thats HP but rotated in 180 :D ) Colors: light blue and white. When im done where can i send? :tim_allen:
I will write you down for car number 24. :) Are you in Discord? If yes, just send me the car there. If not, you ether can post it here in a thread (upload it by using a filehoster before), or you send it to me by mail.
Renim

Unread post by Renim » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 am

May I have number 67?

Colors: Purple, dark purple, light orange
Sponsor: Regal
thatmotorfreak

Unread post by thatmotorfreak » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:15 am

I'm gonna claim 42.

Colors: Purple, yellow, light blue, and dark blue
Sponsor: "Corndogs!"
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:56 am

I have added you both. Thx for contributing. :)

---------------------------------------

ATTENTION

I have added a new rule.
  • Please stick to the standard wheel design (especially the rim, but also the tire color). However, you are allowed to change the color of the text on the tire ("Good-Volt"), or completly replace the text to a different one.
Zs0l1

Unread post by Zs0l1 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:03 pm

This is just some meme crap but number 15 burgerping foot lettuce.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:07 pm

I put you on the list.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:40 pm

ATTENTION

There was changes in the rules.

2. Rules:
  • You can do your own mapping, if it fits your needs. In chapter 5 we will provide texture files for the standard Pemto mapping, as well a new mapping created by Iron Bob. (Available Soon!)
  • If you do your own mapping, please provide also the new body.prm when submitting the car.
------------------------

As well, we have defined the Core-Team for the project.

6. Project Core-Team:
  • Kiwi
  • Kipy
  • MightyCucumber
  • Trixed
  • URV
  • Xarc

Unread post by 607 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:05 pm

This is going great! :D
Are we allowed to use images that we haven't got the rights to, for our cars? I mean, I suppose it sounds like something you shouldn't do, but Conversions are also usually copyrighted, and I think textures for tracks also frequently use copyrighted stuff. So, generally, it is done, but I could understand if this project prohibits it.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:43 pm

607 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:05 pm This is going great! :D
Are we allowed to use images that we haven't got the rights to, for our cars?

We won't prohibit this. Only be sure, to use no real brands, and that the images fits to the stock-like design.
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:28 pm

sponsor will be : L.A.F. (Lego Addict Factory)
and colors will be : blue and red

Dyspro50

Unread post by Dyspro50 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:34 am

I would like to do the #58

Color : Dark Blue, Cyan
Sponsor : RVTA (Re-Volt Transit Authority)
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:17 pm

Dyspro50 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:34 am I would like to do the #58

Color : Dark Blue, Cyan
Sponsor : RVTA (Re-Volt Transit Authority)
Put you in the list.
Dave-o-rama

Unread post by Dave-o-rama » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Is it too late to claim #90 for a dark blue/pink car sponsored by Track Editor?

(EDIT: Yes, I am thinking of the Re-Volt track editor)
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:09 pm

I don't think it's too late but Kiwi is still sick I think ...

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:08 pm

Dave-o-rama wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:00 pm Is it too late to claim #90 for a dark blue/pink car sponsored by Track Editor?

(EDIT: Yes, I am thinking of the Re-Volt track editor)
Dave, 90 is taken in the meanwhile, Sorry. Can you please choose another number? Then I will put you in the list.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:31 pm

ATTENTION

The Deadline for livery submission was set to April 10th 2018.

As well, there is a new mapping available, provided by Iron Bob. You can download it in the main thread.
Dave-o-rama

Unread post by Dave-o-rama » Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Kiwi wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:08 pm Dave, 90 is taken in the meanwhile, Sorry. Can you please choose another number? Then I will put you in the list.
I'll take 38 then!
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:36 pm

Dave-o-rama wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:06 pm
Kiwi wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:08 pm Dave, 90 is taken in the meanwhile, Sorry. Can you please choose another number? Then I will put you in the list.
I'll take 38 then!
Cool, you're listed.

Unread post by 607 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:44 pm

I'd like to try for number 85. :)
The colours will be black, and some sort of red/brown. As my vision is right now (not quite sure yet if it'll work), the base colour will be dark red. The sponsor will be 'Ants'.
I don't know if I'll be able to make something good, but this should be a nice challenge, and at least I've got an idea. :)