PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Post about the progress of your projects.
kiwi

Re-Volt PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:09 pm

UPDATE - March 10th 2019:
The Final PPP-Pack was released. Go to Release Thread
This Thread is closed now.

Rules:
► Show Spoiler

Templates:

McRC Basis: https://files.re-volt.io/projects/kiwi/ ... _basis.zip
Overlay: https://files.re-volt.io/projects/kiwi/PPP/overlay.zip
Pemto Basis: https://files.re-volt.io/projects/kiwi/ ... _basis.zip
Photoshop Files: https://files.re-volt.io/projects/kiwi/ ... toshop.zip
Last edited by kiwi on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:24 am, edited 328 times in total.
Dave-o-rama

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by Dave-o-rama » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:17 pm

How faithful to the style of the existing Pemto cars should ours be? I get that colors/sponsors are a thing, but beyond that, are there any limits?

EDIT: It might help if I signed up: I'll do light gray/dark blue and number 17! Where should we send these to when they're ready?
Last edited by Dave-o-rama on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrixedXD

Unread post by TrixedXD » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 pm

As you known, I love this idea and i'm glad that someone is with me to work on It. I will prefer to work on 16 cars by my own, i have so much ideas to share with you. And a question, what about MC Rc and Slater Xl? It would be nice to use them. What do you thing about it guys? :D
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 pm

Dave, can you please explain a little bit more? What exactly do you plan? I would say, all the cars should have the same "athmosphere". Hard to explain.

Trixed - as I already pointed out in Discord, I think for this pack we only should use same style of cars (Pemto/Mc RC). I wouldn't put Sater XL in the pack, personally.
Last edited by kiwi on Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave-o-rama

Unread post by Dave-o-rama » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:24 pm

Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 pm Dave, can you please explain a little bit more? What exactly do you plan? I would say, all the cars should have the same "athmosphere". Hard to explain.
So, uh, I was going to make mine extremely bloody and dirty as if it had just gotten into a horrible accident.

Either way, I'll do light gray/dark blue and number 17! Where should we send these to when they're ready?
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:28 pm

Dave-o-rama wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:24 pm So, uh, I was going to make mine extremely bloody and dirty as if it had just gotten into a horrible accident.

Either way, I'll do light gray/dark blue and number 17! Where should we send these to when they're ready?
This sounds interesting, I would say just try it and maybe post some pics of your progress, then we can discuss together if it fits the pack. When you are done, just send it to me in Discord.
TrixedXD

Unread post by TrixedXD » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:37 pm

Kiwi wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:21 pm Dave, can you please explain a little bit more? What exactly do you plan? I would say, all the cars should have the same "athmosphere". Hard to explain.

Trixed - as I already pointed out in Discord, I think for this pack we only should use same style of cars (Pemto/Mc RC). I wouldn't put Sater XL in the pack, personally.
Alright, but i'm still gonna work on some repaints for Slater Xl to see how it goes :). And here's no problem if I'm gonna work on 16 cars by my own? It will be more consistent and faster :D
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:51 pm

I have no problem with it, you can do whatever you like ;) Just wanted to provide a basis, to coordonate work between all the people who wants to contribute.

By the way: I provided a second template (red - Mc RC basis) - you can download it as well. I have cleaned it, and adjusted it so it works with Pemto as well. Here it is:

Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:59 pm

Oh sweet, I was already working on a Pemto repaint so I'll join! I'll use number 99 and a pink/dark blue color scheme with sponser Cloud 9 (not the esports organisation, like the saying).
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:33 am

Great Wichilie. I put you in the list.

@all: Regarding mapping - do you think you can use the current mapping, or do you need more freedom?

EDIT: Awesome job, Dave! This is a very good start. :eyes:
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:16 am

Looks fun. So I feel like joining in the fun, and my car will be in a muted slate & yellow kind. Is it okay to put "tape" over the headlights or is that a criminal offense?
MAD
MIX
of MANY
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:23 am

You can add this tape thing Mace, sounds interesting. So which starting number your car will have?

Kipy have volunteered for the parametering, thx Kipy! :re-volt: How will you do it, any idea?

Unread post by 607 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:05 am

I'm very interested in this, and would love to participate!
I have however never done any non-pixel art texturing, so I'm doubting if I would be capable of making something up to the standards.
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:17 pm

I finished Cloud 9:

It ended up more purple than pink, but oh well :­P. The mapping does give some limitations (some faces are thrown in a big pile '^^) but it's fine, really. I'll pm you the .bmp Kiwi.

Edit: I forgot the orange number was necessary, so the picture above is slightly inaccurate now.
Last edited by Wichilie on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:53 pm

I made a Photoshop file with most of Pemto's details on seperate layers and some hue masks (which won't leave ugly edges on the aliased details), feel free to use it. The stripe on the front is slightly different to the original since I made this from Cloud 9's .psd which has it altered, but you can paste in the original if you want it.

TrixedXD

Unread post by TrixedXD » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:22 pm

Wichilie wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:17 pm I finished Cloud 9:

It ended up more purple than pink, but oh well :­P. The mapping does give some limitations (some faces are thrown in a big pile '^^) but it's fine, really. I'll pm you the .bmp Kiwi.

Edit: I forgot the orange number was necessary, so the picture above is slightly inaccurate now.
Oooh sweet, i love it :D
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:29 pm

ATTENTION

I did some adjustments to the project.
  • We will collect as many cars as possible (up to 100). In the end of the project, there will be a community poll which cars should be in the final pack.
  • Every person is allowed to do up to 10 cars.
  • The liveries should have a Re-Volt stock-like look (like Pemto)
I‘ve also expanded the list to all starting numbers (0-99), to have a better overview.

And there are 2 adjustments to existing rules:
  • Also the same mapping should be used. If necessary, small adjustments are allowed. But please stick to the Pemto style.
  • Every car should have the same "basis parts" (same front grill, same back lights, and so on). Small adjustments are allowed.
Balesz created a really usefull template. You can download it here:

Unread post by 607 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:19 pm

Ah, cool. So I could try to create a repaint, and if it's not good enough, it won't be included. Well, in that case it probably won't be included anyway, if there will be actually experienced people making up to 10 cars. :P
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:42 pm

My initial purpose was to have a high-quality pack of Pemto-liveries, with Stock-like style. I didn't imagined, that there would be THAT MUCH contribution. So today I decided, to solve it this way (to do a voting in the end). I think it's the easiest and best solution, otherwise people ether yelling that they just was to slow to finish a livery, or yelling that some people are doing to much liveries, or yelling that people with not so good skills doing cars as well. With this new way, everybody have a chance - and in the end it will be a community-decision, which cars will be included.
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:10 am

Kiwi wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:23 am You can add this tape thing Mace, sounds interesting. So which starting number your car will have?

Kipy have volunteered for the parametering, thx Kipy! :re-volt: How will you do it, any idea?
A blank slate with some random names. Nothing special, really...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17mjkGV ... sVYNg/view
► Show Spoiler
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Kipy

Unread post by Kipy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 am

Sorry for late reply.
About parametering: I know, the goal for these cars is being balanced. We can reach it via fiddling with top speed, engineratio (acceleration), turning abilities, weight, transmission and suspension.
We can cause pretty different feelings of driving with these, such as: a slightly slower car can easily catch up at corners, erasing its disadvantages at straight parts if the faster car has a less good turning behaviour and/or acceleration at the same time.

Well, we have to work in team with the volunteers and Shara, who'll balance them, but I hope that cars' characteristics won't fade during balancing process.
Marco repainter

Unread post by Marco repainter » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:52 pm

What a fantastic project!! Well, let's start for me to create some car with Crash Bandicoot Theme :D
Number #30 and #31 for starting, with orange/black/dark blue and orange/black/yellow. Stay tuned :re-volt:
Zs0l1

Unread post by Zs0l1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:57 pm

Can I do number 13 wich would be black and green and the brand is Mountain pew?
Tryxn

Unread post by Tryxn » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:14 pm

I'll try to make number #39 and the sponsor is gonna be a small kebab shop in my town (but with a different name). ill take dark red and bright orange colors ;) ill try my best (and if you are interested in the logo msg me). Edit: i dont think ill do it in time tho
Im the guy thats Bendor main
My youtube & my secret youtube
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:11 pm

Mace121 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:10 am A blank slate with some random names. Nothing special, really...
This looks good! Thx Mace for participating :) Is this skin finished already? If so, I will mark it as "Finished".
Mace121 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:10 am Off-topic, wasn't the Pemto supposed to have a ducktail like the Mc RC? I mean, it was based off the Ford Taurus SHO race car, and the cars shown in Groombridge's website shows early versions of RV cars, yes? My assumption was that the Pemto in the miniature screenshot was the early model (hence the lack of ducktail), and someone remodeled the car just like that.
You make a good point here. I have no idea if it is this way - I think nobody knows at the moment. But since the car on the screenshot looks like this way (without ducktail), I think it's OK that the Fan-Pemto is looking the same.
Kipy wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 am About parametering: I know, the goal for these cars is being balanced. We can reach it via fiddling with top speed, engineratio (acceleration), turning abilities, weight, transmission and suspension. We can cause pretty different feelings of driving with these, such as: a slightly slower car can easily catch up at corners, erasing its disadvantages at straight parts if the faster car has a less good turning behaviour and/or acceleration at the same time. Well, we have to work in team with the volunteers and Shara, who'll balance them, but I hope that cars' characteristics won't fade during balancing process.
I like this approach very much, Kipy. Thx for taking over this part. Please connect yourself with the other parameter-guys, to organise this. A few words regarding amount of parameters: We need 16 pieces of it, because the final package will contain 16 cars.
Marco repainter wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:52 pm What a fantastic project!! Well, let's start for me to create some car with Crash Bandicoot Theme :D
Number #30 and #31 for starting, with orange/black/dark blue and orange/black/yellow. Stay tuned :re-volt:
Thx Marco, I have added your cars to the list. But one thing: Can you please change the theme to something else - or do a slightly adjusted name (and logos) for it? We don't want to have "real" brands on the cars. Thank you!
Zs0l1 wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:57 pm Can I do number 13 wich would be black and green and the brand is Mountain pew?
Added you to the list, sponsor sounds promising and stock-like. :)
Tryxn wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:14 pm I'll try to make number #39 and the sponsor is gonna be a small kebab shop in my town (but with a different name). ill take dark red and bright orange colors ;) ill try my best (and if you are interested in the logo msg me). Edit: i dont think ill do it in time tho
I have added you to the list, Tryxn. Regarding "do it in time", don't worry. There is no deadline so far. If you will send me something till beginning of April, it should be OK.