PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Post about the progress of your projects.

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:26 pm

This is hard... but I'll try to make something that can be included within the 100. :)

Unread post by 607 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm

My sponsor is now Pemtant, by the way, obviously inspired by Pemto and Pemta. It also looks nicer than 'Ants'.

Edit: I seem to recall merging messages together being preferred above posting another post on this forum, but I can't seem to delete this one to do so. I can report it, but I have to choose from a drop-down menu, and a fitting option doesn't seem to be available.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 am

607 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm My sponsor is now Pemtant, by the way, obviously inspired by Pemto and Pemta. It also looks nicer than 'Ants'.
So you won't release the Ants-car? To bad, I really liked it. :( Maybe pick another number for it? :D

Unread post by 607 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:23 am

Kiwi wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 am
607 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm My sponsor is now Pemtant, by the way, obviously inspired by Pemto and Pemta. It also looks nicer than 'Ants'.
So you won't release the Ants-car? To bad, I really liked it. :( Maybe pick another number for it? :D
As said on Discord: I will, it's just getting a different name. :)

Unread post by 607 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Picking favourites out of 100 cars seems difficult. Couldn't we do a first round where everyone just says 'Yes' or 'No' for every car (whether they like it or not), and the 32 cars with the highest Yes/No ratio go on to the next round?
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am

Good idea, 607. Details about the voting procedure will follow today in the evening.

The voting will start on Wednesday, 18:00 UTC! Details will follow.
The deadline for Livery-Submission was on April 10th 2018.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

The voting for the PPP has started. For details, please have a look at the #announcement channel at Discord.

Deadline for your votes is Sunday, April 15th 2018.

Unread post by 607 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am

How are you going to count the votes? Divide the amount of checkmarks by the amount of crosses, I guess? At first I thought you could just subtract, but then cars that got less overall votes will be having a disadvantage.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am

607 wrote: Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am How are you going to count the votes? Divide the amount of checkmarks by the amount of crosses, I guess? At first I thought you could just subtract, but then cars that got less overall votes will be having a disadvantage.
I don't see this as an disadvantage when cars got less overall votes then others. This just means, that not so many people want to see the car in the pack (or not so many doesn't want to see it in the pack). Usually this happens with not so eye-catching or very neutral cars.

We're not making rocket science out of it. We will just generate a delta-value, by substracting down-votes from up-votes. The 24 cars with the best delta-value will make it to the final.

Unread post by 607 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am

Kiwi wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am I don't see this as an disadvantage when cars got less overall votes then others. This just means, that not so many people want to see the car in the pack (or not so many doesn't want to see it in the pack). Usually this happens with not so eye-catching or very neutral cars.

We're not making rocket science out of it. We will just generate a delta-value, by substracting down-votes from up-votes. The 24 cars with the best delta-value will make it to the final.
I disagree. If someone doesn't want a car in the pack, they should vote against it, not not vote at all. I think the cars with less votes would be cars that are in the middle of the pack, as opposed to at opposite ends.
But at this point, the calculations have already been done, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am

The Core-Team voting is over!

We reduced the 24 cars voted by the whole community to 16 cars. The cars who will be in the final pack are the following:

(Sorted by starting number)
    00 - Kiwi - "Pace Car"
    09 - Kiwi - "Petrovolt"
    16 - Strinabre - "Hydroglue"
    35 - URV - "Lugo 360"
    38 - Dave-o-Rama - "Track Editor"
    40 - Flyboy - "Best Milk"
    42 - Thatmotorfreak - "Corndogs"
    57 - Iron Bob - "FuryStone tires"
    61 - Rho Cassiopeiae - "Torihar"
    65 - Skarma - "Tying Aircraft"
    68 - Kiwi - "Sipperstylez"
    70 - Xarc - "ZEF"
    75 - Xarc - "Fizzy"
    88 - Xarc - "Food Vault"
    90 - z3r0l33t - "Equinoxe"
    98 - Xarc - "RE-VOLT"
The cars which didn't made it to the final 16, will be released in an additional pack, later.

You can find the results of the public voting here: PPP-Results.pdf

The planned release date for the main-pack is Monday, April 30th 2018.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am

607 wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am
Kiwi wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am
I don't see this as an disadvantage when cars got less overall votes then others. This just means, that not so many people want to see the car in the pack (or not so many doesn't want to see it in the pack). Usually this happens with not so eye-catching or very neutral cars.

I disagree. If someone doesn't want a car in the pack, they should vote against it, not not vote at all. I think the cars with less votes would be cars that are in the middle of the pack, as opposed to at opposite ends.
But at this point, the calculations have already been done, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
607, I have tested your variant, only to see the difference. There is only a difference for one car. With your calculation, Mountain Pew would have made it to the final 24, and The Cleaners not.

I understand, what your idea was, but in this case we were lucky that there was not a big difference.

Look here:

Unread post by 607 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Alright, thanks for checking it! :)

Unread post by 607 » Sat May 05, 2018 5:45 pm

So how's this going? :)
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Sat May 05, 2018 7:14 pm

The parameters team is currently preparing the 16 cars for release. Unfortunately, progress is slow at the moment. Expect a release by May 12 if things go well. Otherwise, we might unfortunately have to wait until the the end of the month.
Joro88

Unread post by Joro88 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:17 pm

Very cool pack! Will this be released soon?
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:35 am

The PPP Complete Pack is out now. It contains 75 different liveries for Pemto.

You can download the pack here:
N/A - Newer Version Download in Main Thread Post!

Some of the PPP cars will be released as standalone cars in the next time (some already released).
You can found them on RVZ, by searching for Pemto or PPP.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:05 pm

There was an update on the pack. You have to redownload it, if you want to have the newest version.
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:59 pm

"-> DIFFERENT MAPPING THEN PEMTO, SO NOT INCLUDED IN THE COMPLETE PPP PACK "

this shoold be the case for my 79 - „L.A.F. (Lego Addict Factory)“ too
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!

Unread post by 607 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:09 pm

I had hoped for more cars to be uploaded. :/ But I suppose it's hypocritical to say that, as I haven't yet taken the time to make parameters for my own...
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:50 am

I will release an update of the PPP pack later this week.
So if anyone wants to contribute with a livery, please have a look at the free starting numbers, and start working. :)

The update will contain more then 15 new liveries made by Phimeek, Yukes Von Faust, Mona Schubert, Josh Scorpius, and me.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:52 pm

The PPP-Pack has been updated!

I've added 16 new skins made by Yukes von Faust, Phimeek, Mona Schubert, Josh Scorpius, and myself.

Additionally, the McRC's skin was adjusted to fit the Pemto mapping, and is now also part of the PPP pack.

In total, we have now 91 skins inside the pack. :)

If you are interested in doing one of the last skins to complete the "PPP-100", please contact me.

DOWNLOAD (Zip-File, 3.6 MB)

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:25 am

Three more people sent me skins for the PPP project - Thanks to Aleon, Burner, and BMMXIV.

This means, that there are only two skins left, to complete the PPP-100!

Who will grab number 29 and 93? :)

EDIT March 10th 2019: The Final PPP-Pack is released:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=760&p=2667#p2667

This thread will be closed now. :rip: