Grasshopper (Twisted Metal: The Sequel)

Post about the progress of your projects.
Mace121

Blender Grasshopper (Twisted Metal: The Sequel)

Unread post by Mace121 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:58 am

So has anyone played the 1996 sequel, Twisted Metal 2: World Tour? That was some fun times, and some consider it as the best in the franchise... Well except the TM: Black fans, such as myself :P. Now, what most people didn't realize that Twisted Metal 1&2 was also released on PC. That version may be debatable comparing the OG PS version, but at least there's a way to export models and even levels. But SINCE Re-Volt doesn't have a conventional deathmatch mode (I mean, seriously?), those are pretty much meh to me. Now the models for TM2 may be crude by today's standards, but this'll be a neat project... This one, I'll start with the dune buggy dubbed Grasshopper, driven by Krista Sparks.

The Duner will be loosely based off the game's character profile. So it is a lightweight buggy (low armor), high-average speed, decent acceleration, 4WD, and tight handling. The special weapon on the other hand is Grasshopper launching in the air, lunging upon her opponents. Skins for the car is simple: Have the standard and damaged variant. Maybe I'll add the "Pit Viper" variant, too since Pit Viper was replaced by the very model I'll be working on.

Now the simple struggle is that the textures for Grasshopper & Pit Viper are 128x128px, but could be simply resized to 256x256px. The mapping too is a bit ass, but that could be fixed easily.

So what next? That, I modify the model a bit, update some textures, and ???, 1-2-3-Profit.

When will it be done? This is just a side-project, but I'm currently working on several things at once, so I'll put her on hold for now.

OFF-TOPIC: Now do you what's bullshet? The many Twisted Metal images seem to be in crap quality. I mean, really crap quality. Seriously, it's nearly 2019, and the Twisted Metal wiki literally lacks high rez imagery. The PS3 Twisted Metal are fine, but I think it was time to update these dated images with better quality ones, imo. Another one to the list is that what's with the MLP characters I keep looking while browsing some Twisted Metal stuff?
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Mace121

Re: Grasshopper (Twisted Metal: The Sequel)

Unread post by Mace121 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:45 am

So about what I said about this'll be in progress in a later time... Suddenly I worked solely on the damn thing, all day.

So the buggy originally had two sets of textures: one for the main body & the other for the base & misc. crap. The wheels are just placeholders since I replaced the originals, and the next thing to do is map the thing into one texture. Yeah, it's tough, but still.

In the OG model of Grasshopper, the mapping for this (like I said before) is ass, so I did some UV tinkering here & there, along with tweaking the model itself, so the mounted guns don't seem to be floating off from each other, still while having the "7J" label visible.

(Refresher: She's 15 and dead, btw) So after that is done, I'm gonna do some parameter work. Now you see this pic here? High quality stuff, since no one bothered to upload these TM2 character bios on the Internet. Now anyways, my intentions is not to make it as broken as possible, but let it do what it says. Also with the added suspension, since this is a buggy, after all.
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:12 am

Well, I was working on this all day. I had the wheels & updated texture implemented, and there's one problem to exorcise: The bloody parameters. To put it in short: It sucks, and has a tendency to be unstable.
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:56 pm

I got it done. It'll be on RVZ, eventually.
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:00 pm

The car's up on RVZ. Due to the website's donkey filtering, I have to be creative on my slang, and intentionally typo'd the name since "Grasshopper" triggered the alarms since A S S or any swear slang isn't isolated as a single word on that place.

http://revoltzone.net/cars/34958/Grashopper
MAD
MIX
of MANY