The Klasher's Trippple 8 Rallycross

Post about the progress of your projects.
Mace121

Blender The Klasher's Trippple 8 Rallycross

Unread post by Mace121 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:24 pm

This track I've started at the beginning of this month. It's a small track, 360m in length, and it's designed to be hectic. From the look at this pic, it' doesn't seem that much, but it was inspired by the isometrc racer, Super Skidmarks for the Commodore Amiga & Sega Mega Drive in 1995. The track design was pieced together from various Super Skidmarks tracks, made a clear outline with Inkscape, and traced the track with Blender.

I got plenty to do for this track to be done, this version is all vertex painted, and I have the perfect backdrop, which is beach-themed. Yeah, fall season is right around the corner, it may not look as good as the others, and texturing these may take forever. If you want to help me complete this, by all means you're welcome to do so. It's actually my first Extreme track, but the third level I made with Blender.

On the to-do list goes like this:

-Refine geometry
-Test track
-Replace outer walls with scenery
-Test track
-Fix track zones n' stuff
-Test track
-Textures
-Refine geometry for textures
-Test track
-And so forth.
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Marv
Developer

Re: The Klasher's Trippple 8 Rallycross

Unread post by Marv » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:01 am

Looks cool! I think this track would work well with many pickups.
Hit me up if you need mapping and textures :)
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:03 pm

Marv wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:01 am Looks cool! I think this track would work well with many pickups.
Hit me up if you need mapping and textures :)
I'll do that when the sand, various testing, etc. is done. :P
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Hey look... Saaand. Also a rumble strip which was promised in the outline. The strip may seem harmless (it's not even that big), until you reach the jump where fate decides that you could pass... Or make you lose control. The things I need to add now are textures, signs, and even the stands.

TO-DO:

-Test track
-Textures
-Refine geometry for textures
-Test track
-Background objects
-Test track
-Add walls
-Test track
-Misc. stuff
-Test Track
MAD
MIX
of MANY
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:29 am

Sorry for the wait, and here's the next step: Update the scenery to LOOK like a beach, instead of the deserts of Egypt (if that was planned, it'd be named after that one Iron Maiden album). The green forcefield is going to be the walls, AKA: Tall grass.

Now it's time to replace these flat vertex coloring with some real stuff: textures. Bet I know just the guy...
MAD
MIX
of MANY
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Wed Sep 12, 2018 5:02 am

Nice! I am curious, how it will look with textures.

Ah and yes, regarding Maiden: Powerslave wouldn't fit as a trackname, but listening to the album while racing pushes extremely. :D It's my favourite album from them.

Unread post by 607 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:27 pm

These pictures all have an optical illusion, very interesting. (you can see the track as either upside down or right side up)
Mace121

Unread post by Mace121 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:01 pm

So after a god-knows delay, a dune buggy, a Twisted Metal video, and recently some aesthetic art, this one's back online. Now this may seem like a rush job, but I had to painstakingly map the entire track with sand by turning most of the tris into quads, map, and then turning them back into tris, making the geometry different. Pic shown was right before I updated the track where the entire floor is sand without the weird grid things if you look at a distance. The current version had the sand recolored (by repainting the vertexes), mapped the crust, and updated the geometry a bit.
MAD
MIX
of MANY