RVGL Core Assets

Post about the progress of your projects.
Marv
Developer

Re-Volt RVGL Core Assets

Unread post by Marv » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:56 am

RVGL Core Assets: Replacing all needed files to run the game independently of stock content.

GitLab Repo

Today I added some assets that Allan sent me a while back and restructured the readme.

I'll post updates here whenever there's an update.
SebR

Re: RVGL Core Assets

Unread post by SebR » Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:17 pm

PB in your readme :
the "Discuss at‭ ‬The Re-Volt Hideout thread:‭" gave us this message : "The requested topic does not exist."
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:00 pm

SebR wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:17 pm PB in your readme :
the "Discuss at‭ ‬The Re-Volt Hideout thread:‭" gave us this message : "The requested topic does not exist."

Thanks, fixed
Rosso Carminio

Unread post by Rosso Carminio » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi!
First of all, thanks for the upload! It would be like a throwback in childhood if I could manage to get my hands on Re-volt!
However, forgive the noob-question, how am I supposed to use these files to make the game load? I guess you know what this is about: I run the game, logos are being shown, but the game stops suddenly..
I've copied the files INSIDE the Re-volt folder on my computer, next to folders like "cars", "levels"..
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:28 pm

Rosso Carminio wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm Hi!
First of all, thanks for the upload! It would be like a throwback in childhood if I could manage to get my hands on Re-volt!
However, forgive the noob-question, how am I supposed to use these files to make the game load? I guess you know what this is about: I run the game, logos are being shown, but the game stops suddenly..
I've copied the files INSIDE the Re-volt folder on my computer, next to folders like "cars", "levels"..
Greetings! Where did you download the game?
You can get a fresh working copy here: https://re-volt.io/downloads/game and then (optionally) copy the RVGL core assets into the game folder. However, note that these are still pretty rough and incomplete. The RVGL core assets are meant to be a free/libre replacement of the original game assets and aren't required to play the game.
Rosso Carminio

Unread post by Rosso Carminio » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:52 pm

Marv wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:28 pm
Rosso Carminio wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:13 pm Hi!
Greetings! Where did you download the game?
You can get a fresh working copy here: https://re-volt.io/downloads/game and then (optionally) copy the RVGL core assets into the game folder. However, note that these are still pretty rough and incomplete. The RVGL core assets are meant to be a free/libre replacement of the original game assets and aren't required to play the game.
https://rvgl.re-volt.io/
This is the link I used before our conversation.
However, it's working hardcore with the one you gave me! I don't know if your planning to get the best from those assets and work more on them, but..
thanks a lot!