Wichilie's Project Graveyard

Post about the progress of your projects.
Wichilie

Wichilie's Project Graveyard

Unread post by Wichilie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:52 pm

Since I'm not really putting out any content right now, I thought I'd show some of the things I've been working on:

CARS:
► Show Spoiler
TRACKS:
► Show Spoiler
I also have some other stuff, but that isn't nearly as presentable as this and will most likely never be finished. Everything here will probably get released at some point. If something new pops up, I'll add it here. Hope it was at least somewhat interesting '^^
Last edited by Wichilie on Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xarc

Re: Wichilie's Project Graveyard

Unread post by Xarc » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:08 pm

wow nice projects, that Rookie Buggy is awesome :eyes:
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:11 pm

Thanks! You're in luck, it'll probably be released somewhere this week ;­)
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:49 am

I somehow forgot to add the Overdrive MK2 update. It's now in the car list.
Also, all the image links died so I replaced them '^­^
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Sun May 31, 2020 12:05 pm

I thought I'd add all my current unfinished track projects here, there's some neat stuff! All the previews link to a vid of the track~

[hide=TRACKS]
Urban Sprint 1
Started: Early 2018
This one was pretty d­amn close to completion. There's still some decoration to be added and makeitgood to be done, but it's very much playable.
The goal was to make a track that has something going on wherever you look, on a well-populated server anyway. That's why the race is mostly set on two open, adjacent streets. Especially that little spiral-overpass area before the parking lot was meant to facilitate it, people driving in can see almost everyone who's at most around 10 seconds ahead of them. My hope is you'll be able to see people battling beneath you while you prep for the turn. Maybe you can throw something down there yourself even haha ^^
Fun fact: I did not know how to use bezier curves when I made the geometry, so every curve was done by calculating and placing the coordinates manually. I don't know why I didn't just look it up, honestly.

Urban Sprint 2
Started: Late 2018
Start work on the sequal before you even finished the original, classic~
While working on Urban Sprint 1 some cool new development features were released, like support for up to 64 textures and tiling. I was too far along with it to use them, but I think I wanted to try them out on an urban-like track? Or I was planning on making a sequal anyway, I don't really remember.
This one is a lot more HD than its counterpart. The original does it the Acclaim way with 256x256 textures that all share multiple surfaces (which means the actual textures are closer to 128x128 or 64x64). This one though, one surface per texture and they're all at LEAST 512x512. Even though they're both, well, urban, this alone makes them look pretty different. I was also a lot more comfortable with Blender by now.

DR Urban
Started: Late 2019
New features getting me to make new urban tracks is a bit of a theme :­P
So yeah, animations got released, and if I remember correctly there were quite some people talking about possibilities for death run maps. As far as I know nothing actually got released though. Same with this one.
All the assets here are just ripped straight from Urban Sprint 2. I didn't build the killer hallway yet, so all the traps are just looping at the moment. The plan was to have that elevator at the end of the hall bring you to the roof where there'd be a few more traps.

MKDS Mario Circuit
Started: Early 2019
Not much to say about this one. It's also pretty far along, just some objects missing that dodged the rip and the some makeitgood.
I wanted to do another MKDS conversion since Luigi's Mansion came out nice, and with the new texture features I wouldn't have to waste time making them all compatible for Revolt anymore. It all went pretty well but I kinda lost interest.

Miner's End
Started: Late 2019
My submission for my own competition that I didn't even finish. It didn't win :­P
I actually like this one! The outside area really shows that it's still a WIP, but the mine itself feels pretty atmospheric if you ask me.
This is the only one that actually got released, sorta. It was in the submission pack of the competition and on the track list for the 2019 Halloween Carnival. If I remember correctly people really didn't like that tunnel bit. That bump was meant as a speed bump, not a ramp ahaha

Kowloon
Started: Late 2017 (I'm guessing, I think the timestamps on the files for this one are incorrect)
This is the track that kicked off my urban fetish. I remember being really fascinated by the Kowloon Walled City and I wanted to make something inspired by it.
If that starting area seems familiar, you're right; I re-used it in Urban Sprint 2! And the version in this track was inspired by this image, from a gallery by the Daily Mail.
Did I say I remember being fascinated by this stuff? Scratch that, this is still f­ucking awesome. I can't believe this place actually existed.

Farmland
Started: Early 2019
This small snippit of a raceline is based on a specific road somewhere in the UK. I was staying at a BnB that had a farm there. More of a concept really but it looks kinda neat ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That road texture is 4K by the way so I dunno why it looks so d­amn blurry

Atmosphere
Started: Late 2016
This is the first extreme track I ever made! I didn't finish it, setting a great predescent for my future projects.
Not much to say here either, it's just a raceline made by extruding a plane a couple hundred times :­P

Lantern Hollow
Started: Late 2018
THIS IS NOT MY TRACK. At least, not fully. It's a collab by a ton of different people, originally meant for the first Halloween Carnival. But, you guessed it, it didn't get finished, and as far as I know there was no work done between then and the second Halloween Carnival, so it wasn't in that one either. Here's to 2020~
The music f­ucking slaps btw

Closing
It's very likely that I'll finish some of these at some point in the future, but it probably won't be soon. We'll see~
[/hide]

The play icon in the previews is by Smashicons of www.flaticon.com
Now that I look at the previews, I should've kept the button in mind when taking the screenshots. Oh well.
hajducsekb

Unread post by hajducsekb » Sun May 31, 2020 2:21 pm

I didn't finish it, setting a great predescent for my future projects.
:hansi:
HAJDUC DOT COM
Avecezar

Unread post by Avecezar » Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 pm

I see the greatest potential in DR Urban track. I like the moving parts and traps and change of pace required to complete the track.
SDeG

Unread post by 607 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:46 pm

It's great to hear something from you, Wichilie!
I'm still hoping to see Miner's End released. :)
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:46 am

Avecezar wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 pm I see the greatest potential in DR Urban track. I like the moving parts and traps and change of pace required to complete the track.
I'm glad you like it! The addition of animation to RVGL opens up so many interesting track concepts
607 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:46 pm It's great to hear something from you, Wichilie!
I'm still hoping to see Miner's End released. :)
Thank you! That's kind of you to say, hope you've been doing good 607.
Urban Sprint 1 and Miner's End are most likely to be finished when I start working on tracks again, so it has a good chance to get released at some point ;­)
Ato

Unread post by Ato » Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:27 pm

The tracks are all looking good. Can't wait to see them finished, in whichever order you'll do them.

Greetz,
Ato.
rodik

Unread post by rodik » Sat Jul 09, 2022 10:40 am

Wow, the projects look great! I'm really looking forward to their release :re-volt: