Too bad that I don't follow the forum and I didn't follow this thread so maybe some changes wouldn't happen.
Before the update I considered this track one of my favourites. Well made, with alternative (but relatively well balanced) alternative paths, with a high level of difficulty on many corners requiring proper knowledge of the track and thinking ahead (combining one turn with the next one etc.).
But the changes made in 1.2 version I rather consider to be a DOWNgrade, not an update/upgraded version of the track. Here are my thoughts and experiences with the track and it's changes:
1. The pools of water were made less slippery. That's a good change, as before it felt like driving on ice. Now it is actually possible to move left or right when being in them.
2. The start line has been moved so that players don't have to turn immediately after the start. This is a good change as well, less mayhem at the start, that's how it should be made.
3. I think that some sunbeds were slightly moved away from the racing line (although I am not 100% sure). This is a good thing, it allows to approach the grass cut in a way that it is possible to make it more consistently.
4. Heavier rain effect in my opinion is slightly too heavy. I know it is supposed to represent a real storm and not just a regular rainy day, but the amount of rain is just blocking the sight of view. Also this much of rain would've made bigger water pools. So on one side the immersion is bigger, but on the other is smaller.
5. The pile of clothes has been moved away from the exit from the changing room (& entry into the locker room at the same time). Although it changes the path, I consider this to be a good thing as it allows for more consistent and easier laps (especially for weaker players as it was possible before to always do this part right but one had to know how). This will result in slightly faster lap times., but it's OK.
6. The worst thing about the "update": removal of the bench. Not only it makes it much much easier to make the whole turn (now you can just press forward and left and the car does all the job), it alters the racing line, but also the 2 out of 3 alternative paths (the "boxy" one and the "WC" one) were made completely obsolete because of this change. Now the "hoover" path is very easy to make and much faster than the other 2 paths. Before the change the player had to maneuver around the bench if going for the "hoover" path and then maneuver inside that path OR regulate the throttle and fit the car in front of the bench if going for the "box" or "WC" paths. I consider this change to be a major path changer, and a path changer for worse. Removing the bench was in my opinion a very big mistake that made the track unbalanced (paths-wise), the turn is now very easy and that turn is quite empty now.
Before the patch I considered this track to be a well-made difficult and demanding track, now the difficulty is at most "mediocre" along with useless alternative paths and very heavy rain dropping on my face. The rain could be slightly lighter and the bench should come back where it was.