Spa-Volt Diary

Post about the progress of your projects.
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Spa-Volt Diary

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:27 pm

Ok after further testing the "hoover" and the "WC" paths are in my opinion very similar, just the "boxy" path is significantly slower. But that bench is still there in the R version… :thonking:

Regarding the R version, I didn't play it much before so I don't know what exactly changed, but I think it's smoother around the "tunnel" part. I also think that the automatic repo around the sunbenches are unnecessary, but that's not a big problem – it just usually makes it faster to come back to the racing line.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:46 pm

Yes, normal and R version does not have exactly the same placement of obstacles. This is on purpose, because I wanted to achieve a slightly different experience at both versions. At Spa-Volt 2 I used this trick even more often. For example at the clothing/locker room area: At the R-version a whole path is blocked by boxes, where there are no boxes at all at normal version. So at the R-version you are forced to use a different path.

Regarding the repo boxes at some sunbenches (and other areas): These are necessary - otherwise the AI could get struck at this areas. Without the repo-boxes it can happen that the AI don‘t find the way back to the raceline, and also don‘t repo on their own. So this is rather for AI than for human players.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sat May 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Last weekend, I visited the Spa again which inspired me to do Spa-Volt about 14 months ago. I grabbed my mobilephone, and did 2 videos, walking along the raceline of Spa-Volt 1 and Spa-Volt 1 (R). One of the videos is set at daytime, the other one at nighttime.

The movies are shaking quite a lot, but I hope you can see some of the details which inspired me. The raceline is not 100% the same as on Spa-Volt, but where possible I followed it. So don't get confused at the (missing) technic-room, (missing) restaurant, and changing room area. ;)

Normal Version (Daytime) - 03:17 (Hosted at Vimeo)
Music: "Voyage to Pluto (Dreamworld remix)" by Prism
Licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License

Reversed Version (Nighttime) - 02:15 (Hosted at Vimeo)
Music: "Twenty Ten" by Marc Burt
Licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 International License

kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:35 pm

I plan to release an update for both Spa-Volt 1 and Spa-Volt 2 this sunday.

Does anybody have any bug reports for the tracks?
For now, I got the following reports:

1) Repo-issue at the outside pool at Spa-Volt 1, when driving too light-weighted cars.
2) Some texture mapping issues at the inside area
3) Flying tree near the vent shaft
4) Texture alignment at jump into maintenance-room
5) Light cone underneath lamps will be affected by bombs

Thanks for your help!

Edit 18.12.2019: Update for Spa-Volt 1 is released! Get it here: http://revoltzone.net/tracks/32712/Spa-Volt%201
Edit 12.08.2020: Update for Spa-Volt 2 is released! Get it here: http://revoltzone.net/tracks/35815/Spa-Volt%202
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:28 am

Recently I noticed that car shadows are missing in this area of Spa-Volt 1. Tested with the latest track version (1.22).