The Reactor

Post about the progress of your projects.
javildesign

The Reactor

Unread post by javildesign » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:00 pm

Build a track in a weekend.
This was my goal and I almost made it.

Modeling was done in a day, baking and texturing in half day, so what was left was some nodes and artwork.
But I wanted to add some extra stuff, like custom animations and waving water. I'm almost finished with this track, so I hope to release it by the end of this week.

Spoiler:

hajducsekb

Re: The Reactor

Unread post by hajducsekb » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:31 pm

Damn, this track being done in a weekend? That's very cool, especially since it does not look half bad. I'm really curious for the result! Did you use 2.79 for modelling?
HAJDUC DOT COM
javildesign

Unread post by javildesign » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:34 pm

No, I always use the latest version of Blender (in this case 2.83).

Yes, all done in one weekend. Keep in mind that the model (the track) isn't that large.
Also, I've used arrays and modifiers to speed up the design, including object instancing to save and share UV space.
I began to create just one platform, but I eventually created 3 and made bridges between them.
Build up some fences, baking AO and Diffuse maps, paint work in Substance done in few hours.

Also I have project files for animated water, so I can adjust some settings and render those out easily.
Now, I'm busy with some custom animation, which take a bit more time, so I''m trying to finish those.
Then only some .taz, .pan, and .fan files to be made..

The three reactors

Custom animation
javildesign

Unread post by javildesign » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:38 am

The Reactor is released!

Full .png version on RevoltXTG: The Reactor Full Version!

Download the lower .jpg version on RevoltZone:
The Reactor Low Version!
Strelok111

Unread post by Strelok111 » Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:10 pm

That last picture really looks great, you've really given it a realistic lighting and convincing textures, I'll give it a try ASAP!