Realistic R/C

Post about the progress of your projects.
Iron Bob

Realistic R/C

Unread post by Iron Bob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:23 am

This is a project I've started on discord to recreate all the original Re-volt PC cars into more Realistic R/C models. This means they will be more realistic in size, shape, detail and running gear. I currently have three cars in game (still need paint completed) with two more in WIP stages. I currently have a couple people helping me and we have a channel in the Re-Volt Workshop. Channel access is currently by invite only, if you would like to help on this project you can PM me on discord or leave a message here on the board. Just let me know what you think you can add to the project. Realize that if you join this project it will be to help in some way, not to just see what is happening with it. You can read my overview document here. The idea is to remodel the looks of the cars not they're handling. The following are some pictures of the current progress of the cars.
► Show Spoiler
If you join this project you will get access to all the content created so far. The project will be released as a pack when all the cars are finished.

Thanks
Iron Bob
RV_Pure

Re: Realistic R/C

Unread post by RV_Pure » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:17 am

I've made already some useful stuff on blender which could be helpful for you. How can i help in this project?
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 am

This is looking pretty nice, IronBob + Team!
What are your plans: Will all cars be available in addition to the current stock cars, or do you plan to release an update, where the current stock cars will be replaced with the new models? If yes, how do you plan to achieve this? (For example regarding online multiplayer compatibility)
Wichilie

Unread post by Wichilie » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:14 am

Compatability isn't really a problem, even if this pack would replace the stock cars, now that -chdir (1 2) is a thing. Just keep a seperate folder with the unmodified stock content and you don't have to worry about overwriting it with custom content in your main folder.

The current progress is looking great, by the way!
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:47 pm

This is looking pretty nice, IronBob + Team!
What are your plans: Will all cars be available in addition to the current stock cars, or do you plan to release an update, where the current stock cars will be replaced with the new models? If yes, how do you plan to achieve this? (For example regarding online multiplayer compatibility)
The cars are currently set to replace the original cars. But there are actually a couple ways to set up RVGL to work around this. A person can actually setup several copies of RVGL or even older copies of Re-Volt to run on the same computer. I've already done this on my computer I have seven different copies on my computer for various reasons. Or as Wichilie has pointed out a person can use the -chdir function to keep different assets of the game separated in different directories.
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:21 am

Looks nice, but maybe you could use/contribute to the existing remodels of stock cars from the dead Re-Make project? Guys from there remodeled some cars already, not in a way that everyone likes but it could be transformed into "more realistic stock Re-Volt RC Cars" custom car pack or something. The wheels and springs look especially good.
r6te

Unread post by r6te » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:14 pm

The idea is really cool, Iron Bob. The execution looks great as well and I am curious how the details will look like when the cars are completed!
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:46 am

Just a little update on the project
► Show Spoiler
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:43 am

RC Bandit with some fixes and paint. Still quite a few details to finish
► Show Spoiler
r6te

Unread post by r6te » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:06 am

I really like how the RC Bandit looks like! Keep up the good work, this is real high quality work!

Maybe an alternative rear wheel texture/model would be really cool as well, I think such as this one would be really suitable.

I see the effort you put in to do this and I like how it turns out. :D
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:27 am

We are using the same wheel texture coordinates on all the cars we are working on. so all the wheels will be able to be switched with one another when the project is complete. There are several reasons for this. I currently have ten different tire models and six different rim models made for the project. I intend to expand this quite a bit.
Last edited by Iron Bob on Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:29 am

Dust Mite with some fixes and some paint. Also still a lot of details to finish
► Show Spoiler
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:02 am

Some more updates on the project
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:55 am

► Show Spoiler
Kipy

Unread post by Kipy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:52 pm

I see some bleeding textures around the detailed parts at sides and at the roof (if I am not mistaken).
Still an impressive job.
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:38 pm

I'm currently trying to get the cars all modeled and some paint on them to make sure they are texture mapped correctly. I will go back and finalize the paint and details of each car later.
► Show Spoiler
Radizen

Unread post by Radizen » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:23 pm

Looks beautiful i always liked those type of wheels good job :)
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:02 pm

Dr. Grudge is now in game and ready for some paintwork
► Show Spoiler
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:12 am

Dr. Grudge in game and mostly painted
► Show Spoiler

Unread post by 607 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:18 am

Iron Bob wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:12 am Dr. Grudge in game and mostly painted
► Show Spoiler
Very cool!
AnoTherS_

Unread post by AnoTherS_ » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:24 pm

Very Good :re-volt:
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:43 am

RC San now remodeled, in game and mostly painted
► Show Spoiler
AnoTherS_

Unread post by AnoTherS_ » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:44 am

How many cars have you already made?
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:46 pm

Currently there are 7 offroad cars that are near completion. These need paint finalization, shadows and car boxes yet. There are about 4 sedans in various degrees of progress. I'm working on the offroad cars first because they are more difficult to complete, mainly due to their various chassis configurations. I haven't yet decided if I want to complete the rookie and amateur cars as a pack first then move on to the advanced, semi pro and pro cars. I will decide this when I get closer to that point. The reason it is taking a long time to complete is while I have others helping with the project I'm still the main model creator/painter in the group and my free time for this is limited.

To give you an idea of what is actually being done this is the current undercarriage of RC San
As you can see it still requires some paint work like the chassis plate screws and texture shading

This is the undercarriage of RC Bandit currently

And this is the old wireframe of RC Bandit compared to the new wireframe of it below
Iron Bob

Unread post by Iron Bob » Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:21 am

Candy Pebbles in game and rolling :D
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler