Open-Volt Project

Post about the progress of your projects.
Steb

Re: Open-Volt Project

Unread post by Steb » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Here are the news!

I have considered some feedbacks and made the following updates:
  • Addons are now isolated. They have their own "workspace" so the base content and the addon content are not merged anymore.
  • In the car editor, you can now take car screeshots with a transparent background
  • In the car editor, I rewrote the camera "free" mode to move, rotate and zoom easier
  • A launcher is now available. Instructions have been updated. This is the thing that took most of my time during the week. You can install, update and run Open-Volt with it, and even download the additional content if you want.
From today, I will mainly focus on the car editor and physics bug fixing.
And next, I hope I will able to start working on the track editor soon :)
Konrad

Unread post by Konrad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:05 am

This is awesome! But I have problems with it :P

All options i can see in car editor are car parameters and body. I can't make screenshots, rotate the camera etc. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind. I found it :D. Screenshot mode is something I've been looking for for years, thank you very much. One more thing. Could you add an option to add a car's shadow to scrennshot? Would be perfect.

And I found a bug. Or rather it's the car's fault. I added one of THESE cars. When I load the car it look like this:

Do you know what might be the problem?
r6te

Unread post by r6te » Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:45 am

Regarding that this is programmed partly in C#, this could very well be a <code>CultureInfo ^1</code> thing.

I recommend @Steb to look at the comma's and dots in parameters.txt that could cause this error on specific computers (maybe US rather than European systems). For the best result I recommend to use `CultureInfo.InvariantCulture`

^1 = https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... mework-4.8
Steb

Unread post by Steb » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:00 pm

@Konrad
Yes, I will try to include it, maybe with an option to toggle it.
I will investigate on this curious bug, you provided the car you used so it will help a lot, thanks :)

@r6te
Well seen, it could be linked to that. I made a method to parse floats with the invariant culture but maybe I forgot to call it somewhere. I will check the code :)

Thanks for your feedback !