Custom Track Issues

Post about the progress of your projects.
SebR

Re: Custom Track Issues

Unread post by SebR » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:35 pm

12 Mar 2017, 15:49

New track MIAMI GRAND PRIX removed those hugly white square things in the sky and fix Track Zones to help the 12 AI cars to start race without repo...

18 Mar 2017, 22:24

Fixed somme bad reposition at start line for Toy World-Aquatica, Track Zone 0 and 19 didn't go too far downstair

09 Jul 2017, 13:54

Thx to zorbah to remember me that sort of bug ... here

I found this bug on another track too : On RV-Simo On-Road Track

At first corner the camera go from this :
To that :

This come with bad NCP files with many vertices at the same place so the faces are not properly linked to each others

RV-Simo On-Road Track patch

24 Sep 2017, 17:09

On Himalaya highway no error is alowed with jumps, if you miss one you get a bad repo with red X and an "extra lap" if you wish to finish the race ... (and sometime AI cars get stuck at some places)

With that patch everything shoold be ok

Just moved some Track Zones, add some Repo triggers and play a little with Ai-Nodes

04 Nov 2017, 14:20

On Fiddlers On The Roof here and there I fix some buggy "bumpy" jumps ...

FIDDLERS ON THE ROOF
Last edited by SebR on Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!

Unread post by 607 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:23 am

Ah, cool topic!
I don't think you mentioned this yet in this thread: in The Watchers, the AI gets lost. One of the track zones need to be extended to fix it.
Biometal (Dark Toirtlez on YouTube) fixed it while recording, in his video of the track.
agg1401

Unread post by agg1401 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:34 am

Freestoyle1 track was not open before, did it fix the problem?
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt:
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:37 pm

everything here come frome an old ORP topic
@ 607 : did someone upload The Watchers fix somewhere ?
@ aggi401 : So yes Freestoyl1 will be back with this fix

Unread post by 607 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:08 pm

SebR wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:37 pm @ 607 : did someone upload The Watchers fix somewhere ?
Not as far as I know. It's a really simple fix, though, so someone could make it and upload it. I'm not sure why I don't upload it myself... is it performance anxiety or laziness? :P
Andrea1976

Unread post by Andrea1976 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:32 am

Hi all I'm new to this forum but I'm a Re-Volt fan since 2000...thank you all for making this game stayin alive for so much years...Maybe it's the most enduring game of all time... :D
About the topic...Not sure if was my PC with to much work load, but during the playing of the great IMAGES OF GIZA by Skitch2, there seems to be a sort of jerk/frame skip when moving from section to section...maybe is it a glitch with RV camera? when I use the normal bumper cam I see a slight slamm while going from section to section...it's a bit annoyin' and i saw in Youtube others having the same issue when playing this beautiful track...
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am

These are one-sided polygons that mess with the camera collision detection. Try turning around after one of these jerks, you'll see that there is a wall that blocks the way back. I have a proposed fix for it somewhere, perhaps I can find it somewhere. I'll upload it when I do :)

Welcome to the forum!
Andrea1976

Unread post by Andrea1976 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks Marv, looking forward to have this fix...great forum!
SebR

Unread post by SebR » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:30 pm

607 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:08 pm
SebR wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:37 pm @ 607 : did someone upload The Watchers fix somewhere ?
Not as far as I know. It's a really simple fix, though, so someone could make it and upload it. I'm not sure why I don't upload it myself... is it performance anxiety or laziness? :P
Because no-one release it, i did it : The Watchers

==========================================================================================================

After start line when you go downstairs, if you get stuck on wall and use repo you'll be repo at the wrong place and get Red X

I fix track zone to avoid bad "teleporter" (1 big track zone split into 4 tracks zones)

Kadish Sprint

Andrea1976

Unread post by Andrea1976 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:36 am

Hi Marv, have you found the fix for Images of Giza? :D
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:05 am

Couldn't find them, so I made a few new ones. You have the following options:

Use one of the following files, rename it to images.ncp and move it to .../levels/images/

Remove the camera collision property:
The walls still collide with cars and objects but the camera is not affected: https://files.re-volt.io/patches/tracks ... no_cam.ncp

Remove the wall collision completely:
Neither the cars, nor the camera collide with the walls. They're still there visually, though: https://files.re-volt.io/patches/tracks ... _walls.ncp

Here's a link to the original file: https://files.re-volt.io/patches/tracks ... s_orig.ncp
Andrea1976

Unread post by Andrea1976 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:52 am

thanks, you've been very kind ... I'll try all the options
Andrea1976

Unread post by Andrea1976 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:48 am

I do not know if this happens even on other PCs, but I found that in Closed Castle during a race it's very easy to fall off the track especially when going off the road path, as if there's no ground...

I also noticed that in RC Area 3 at some points all cars and objects turn into light blue colours...same question if it's me or others too...
agg1401

Unread post by agg1401 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:13 pm

Hello

Helios and Lunar

Holiday Camp
Turkish Re-Volter.

:re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: :re-volt: