ToySoldierz: Reversed

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
kiwi

ToySoldierz: Reversed

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:57 am

I did a Reversed Version for Skitch2’s track ToySoldierz. The upgrade does not touch any files from the normal track version, so it's 100% Online multiplayer compatible with the original track. The download also includes a new stock-like track picture.

The track is about 100m shorter then the normal ToySoldierz, because it skips the whole oncoming traffic part, as well the jump over the wall. But this does not make the track easier! At the Reversed Version it’s raining, and the tarmac and concrete surfaces are slippery. I tried to keep the tracks original aesthetics as good as possible. L!lmexican provided some nice CamNodes - thanks for this! Also thanks to URV, for testing.

If someone wants to do better AI-nodes, feel free to do so, and send them over to me so I can include them in the download later. The included AI-nodes are only very basic, cause my main goal was to have the track available in Online races.

======================
Download (1 MB)
======================

Here are some pictures:

Hope you like it.

Cheers, Kiwi
ZipperZbieracz

Re: ToySoldierz: Reversed

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:03 pm

The ventilator shaft path is open, nice. Slippery on concrete.
Black-Revolt001

Unread post by Black-Revolt001 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:18 pm

Too bad to have removed part of the circuit ...
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:14 pm

Removing the part was not necessary, but I wanted to do it this way, so the R-version brings some diversity to the track. Also, we are lacking very short tracks in Re-Volt, that was another reason why I "removed" this part.
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:11 pm

There is a misplaced custom file: reversed\custom\strmrain.wav should really be custom\reversed\strmrain.wav.
Hmm no, sounds are always looked for in the main custom folder, there is currently no reversed support for them. So the only valid path is custom\strmrain.wav. Maybe it should be improved somehow.

Anyway, if the specific sound is only used in the R version (as I presume), then it's safe to place this custom file in custom\strmrain.wav.
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:34 pm

I think I don‘t understand. The sound is working also this way. Should I move the file and update the download anyway? (The sound will only be used in the R version)
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:59 pm

Kiwi wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:34 pm I think I don‘t understand. The sound is working also this way. Should I move the file and update the download anyway? (The sound will only be used in the R version)
I'm quite sure it's currently playing the default 'wavs\ship\strmrain.wav'. The only way to make the game load the custom strmrain.wav is to place it in 'custom\strmrain.wav'. No other location is supported.