RVGL Butler

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
Tavisco

RVGL Butler

Unread post by Tavisco » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:42 am

Hello!

I've been working on this for a while and I now it's somewhat ready to be released, so, I present you: Image
RVGL Butler

What it is:
RVGL Butler is an companion app for the game on android. It simplify things 
like install new cars and levels for you.
What it can do:
- Browse, download and automatically install re-volt.io packs;
- Show re-volt.io packs installed and their update status;
- Easily install custom content from zip/7z files downloaded from the web;
- Show cars and levels installed;
- Show your game update status;
- Show the app update status;
What it can't do (at the moment):
- Show stock carboxes art;
- Share levels and cars;
- Delete levels and cars;
- Make me suck less at this game;
What it can be used for:
- Easily installing revoltzone.net content!
- Install all I/O packs you want without effort;
- Keep track of your game update status;
- Keep track of all your I/O packs update status;
For screenshots and more info, head to the project github page :D
https://github.com/Tavisco/RVGL-Assistant_Android

And to download the last version, head over here:
https://github.com/Tavisco/RVGL-Assista ... d/releases

This project still WIP, but it's completely open-source and free, so feel free to contribute!
Any feedback is appreciated and, enjoy!

And thanks to :yeti:@Marv that helped me a lot testing stuff!

Cheers,
Tavisco
Last edited by Tavisco on Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marv
Developer

Re: RVGL Butler

Unread post by Marv » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:58 am

This is such a great application and it works really well. I'll put it on the Downloads page on the website when I get around to it.
An idea for the future: Install RVGL and launch it from the app

Maybe I'll even send some pull requests on your way but I never worked with Android apps before. Maybe I'll get into it :)
Pyves

Unread post by Pyves » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:02 am

Interesting, I'll check this out. ;)
Tavisco

Unread post by Tavisco » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:48 pm

Marv wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:58 am This is such a great application and it works really well. I'll put it on the Downloads page on the website when I get around to it.
An idea for the future: Install RVGL and launch it from the app

Maybe I'll even send some pull requests on your way but I never worked with Android apps before. Maybe I'll get into it :)
That's a great idea, maybe we can do some launchparam's too :thonking: :thonking:

Pyves wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:02 am Interesting, I'll check this out. ;)
Sure! Hope you like it
Pyves

Unread post by Pyves » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:40 pm

I have just installed it, definitely a good start! Showing stock carboxes art, deleting levels and cars and showing more information regarding each level and car would be some great additions!

As a side note, there are quite a few Re-Volt fans and projects being developed on GitHub, but I feel that there's actually little shared visibility. Would it be useful to create a GitHub organization to hold all related Re-Volt stuff under the same banner? Or at least use some sort of common GitHub topic to link things together more easily? What do people think? :)
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:28 pm

Brilliant idea! I'm in for a GH organization or perhaps a page on RVIO since I'm slowly moving over to GitLab because of Microsoft. But for now at least my add-on will stay on GH. Hope to get some more visibility and perhaps some collaborators.

Unread post by 607 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:05 am

Woah, that's really cool! Thanks. :) Although I don't use Android. :P
Tavisco

Unread post by Tavisco » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:24 pm

Pyves wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:40 pm I have just installed it, definitely a good start! Showing stock carboxes art, deleting levels and cars and showing more information regarding each level and car would be some great additions!

As a side note, there are quite a few Re-Volt fans and projects being developed on GitHub, but I feel that there's actually little shared visibility. Would it be useful to create a GitHub organization to hold all related Re-Volt stuff under the same banner? Or at least use some sort of common GitHub topic to link things together more easily? What do people think? :)
Definitely going to implement the deleting levels/cars hability, maybe even a share funcionality for cars (simply zipping it's folder and sending an file share intent to Android system, shouldn't be that hard)
Marv wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:28 pm Brilliant idea! I'm in for a GH organization or perhaps a page on RVIO since I'm slowly moving over to GitLab because of Microsoft. But for now at least my add-on will stay on GH. Hope to get some more visibility and perhaps some collaborators.
+1 on that!
Kacper11PL

Unread post by Kacper11PL » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:12 pm

When i want install it says "App not installed"
Im from Poland
#######
#######
#######
#######
7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:39 pm

Hello!

This is a great project. Is it still active? Is it possible to select all for download? (maybe with the possibility to exclude downloads for Windows and Linux, which do not make sense for Android)
7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:32 pm

Is it possible to have the Helloween and Christmas special assets availabble for download & use as well?
7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:41 pm

Why are Windows (32 and 64bit) and Linux files included in the launcher for Android?
7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:44 pm

Hello!

The author Tavisco informed on GitHub that this project (RVGL-Assistant_Android, also known as RVGL Butler [for Android]) is no longer maintained. Feel free to fork it if desired.
7wells

Unread post by 7wells » Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:00 am

Does anyone of you know if there is a currently maintained RVGL butler/launcher for Android?