This was an idea that was already in the process of making and that has now been further motivated recently during Whitedoom's 1v1 competition where players got excited about having their own car skins.
Stock pro cars are likely the most frequently played classes as they are the overall best original cars in the game.
Most frequently played in RV House classic picks on/off races, RVR races for B3L/B4L & recently Whitedoom's 1v1 tournament to name a few.
This skin pack is in focus for these cars, however not limited to any of the competitions.
Having a personal skin adds another dimension and fun to the races where you can be identified as the painting of your car and that is the aim of this skin pack.
Rules & Guidelines:
While the aim of the skin pack is fun and perhaps experimenting for some, quality will be considered. As such when you submit your skin, for now they will be evaluated by me and one of the most experienced content creators, Kiwi, before being accepted and added to the pack.
As every player have their own taste in how they want their skin to look, there will be few limitations.
However, for this skin pack we also intend to give the racing scene a professional outlook. Therefore we will add a few rules and guidelines.
The car skin & file should be in line with the following:
- Formats: BMP or PNG
- Minimum 256x256 in size
- Follow the original mapping of the car
- You created it yourself or you have the permission to use it. You can always request others to create the skin for you. You can't however take a straight copy from a public skin or someone that already has a car named after or made for them, example being the famous Dr.Pepper's Cougar or RVR Toyeca skin.
- Not infringe copyright
- Front & Rear Lights remain in position. If the texture is edited it should be kept minimal and realistic.
- Basis parts such as grills, windows, wheels can be modified but kept realistic with moderate adjustments.
- Quality, flair and considerate submissions (e.g. no intended memes or odd paintings)
- No real sponsors or brands but can resemble or look similar to them.
Finally I want to add that nothing is set in stone!
Specifically the guidelines for the repainting may change in the future. Please don't get discouraged from submitting your skin to see if it meets the qualities.
- File name starts with the original file name for the car following with your own ingame name in lowercase letters. Letters and numbers include only a-z and 0-9.
- If your ingame name has spaces, submit without spaces.
- The maximum amount of characters that can be entered after the car file name are limited to 11 by standard. If your name is longer, you write until the limit is reached.
Participation and Submission:
Skins can only be submitted for the following cars: Toyeca
You may submit one skin for each car, preferably only for the cars you actually intend to use. Please note that you cannot have 2 skins for one car.
If you wish to change your skin for a specific car it can be submitted and will replace your previous skin in the next update.
For your skin to get added to the pack, simply submit your skin to Stingox through Discord, RV house or PM me on this forum.
Send a picture of the skin and the BMP/PNG file of your painted skin.
Download and Distribution:
Since this pack is going to be exclusive to each player, for now
the access will be limited to those who have submitted a skin. The reason
is that for people that don't know or who don't care, they may end up using skins they like which doesn't make the skin exclusive and therefore it looses its uniqueness.
Some players might not want their own skins to be used by others. For this reason, the pack will only exclusively available to those who are participating and submitted a skin within the pack for themselves.
For those who have already participated I hope that you respect the owners skin to only be used by them, if that is their wish.
A download link will be provided with a password that can be requested from the moderators of this pack (to be announced).
First planned release of the pack is on April 6th
when Whitedoom's 1v1 competition starts. There will be few more updates
after this within shorter periods as I understand the time for deadline is short.
After that, the pack will be updated about once every two months.
Finally I want to add that no rules are permanent and still open for discussion. If something didn't resonate with you or you felt could be done differently, feel free to openly discuss it so that we can commonly make it a good experience for everyone.
I only figured it would be better going off with certain restrictions to get this going right from the start.