GJ's and I Spy's Workshop

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
G_J

Re: GJ's and I Spy's Workshop

Unread post by G_J » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:03 pm

Home 1 updated to fix small graphical error on the fish bowl. Home 2 AI has been fixed so repositioning errors should no longer happen. Also a new battle track has been released for the home theme.
Performance updates for the fairground tracks are still in the works despite having slow progress. Lastly the hospital tracks are entering the production stage, so hopefully we can roll those out in a reasonable amount of time. :)
jeff.d.guile99

Unread post by jeff.d.guile99 » Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:17 pm

It's been 510 days since this topic has been updated. I have a couple of questions, though:
  • How are Downtown 1 and 2 coming along?
  • Any new track theme ideas since Downtown?
  • Where in the hospital area would Hospital Battle take place?
:re-volt: Start your engines! :re-volt: Let's go racing! :re-volt:
rodik

Unread post by rodik » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:25 pm

I never cease to be surprised by each of your tracks! Keep it up ! ;)
Adamodell

Unread post by Adamodell » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:10 pm

These tracks are excellent. Thank you for all your hard work, guys!
Forums are dead, Jim.
My Website | RV Wiki | Steam | Bandcamp
G_J

Unread post by G_J » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:06 pm

It's been a while but I'm back!
Finally updated this topic. Hospital 1 and 2 downloads are available. Hospital 2 just got updated so that the buildings in the reversed mode skyline are accurate.

Hospital battle is now available after a year of waiting! It's fairly large and has working elevators, and a gym with some neat stuff too.

Downtown 1 and 2 are in full scale production again. Hopefully we can get these city tracks squared away soon 8-)

Entering pre production are the elementary tracks. These will take place at an elementary school and feature easier racelines to go with the colorful and nostalgic visuals.

Thanks for all the kind comments, I enjoy making tracks and sharing them. I'll try to keep this topic more up to date moving forward! :D
G_J

Unread post by G_J » Tue Jul 04, 2023 6:33 pm

Downtown tracks are finally released!
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/downtown-1/
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/downtown-2/

Downtown Battle is also available to play!
https://www.revoltworld.net/dl/downtown-battle/

The elementary school tracks are now in production. At the same time, we are also working on our next theme: Pub Crawl.
G_J

Unread post by G_J » Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:41 pm

All 3 downtown tracks have been updated! Minor fixes to vertex colors, mapping repairs in Downtown 2, and adjusting some pickup locations in Downtown 1. Change logs are in the respective Readme files.

Some concept art and such:

Hi-res subway map

Hi-res newspaper

Unread post by 607 » Tue Aug 01, 2023 8:25 am

G_J wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 1:41 pm All 3 downtown tracks have been updated! Minor fixes to vertex colors, mapping repairs in Downtown 2, and adjusting some pickup locations in Downtown 1. Change logs are in the respective Readme files.

Some concept art and such:

[snip]
I love the extras. :D Especially the concept art is really cool.
I usually only play Re-Volt when I'm creating or preparing YouTube videos, but I should really boot it up sometimes just to play a bit more on your tracks! They're way too good to be only played a couple of times when doing my YouTube video and then left alone.
G_J

Unread post by G_J » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:01 am

Some quick updates to Fairground 1:
-Fixed reposition issue at end of picnic area
-Fixed trackzone cheat at the donut stand
-Moved the practice star a little bit so more car types can grab it
-Start sign collision repaired (no more glitchy clipping)

and Rooftops 1:
-Fixed visibox error and trackzones at satilite area.

Also, Food Vault has some new inventory for the supermarket tracks!
Download is under the Odds and Ends category in the main post.

Installs some new instances to add bulk to the empty shelves of the supermarket stock tracks, all while still matching the general environment design and tight budget the stock game had.

This project was mostly built in 2019 and 2020, but had been gathering dust for some time. An early version took the concept too far and added so many new instances that it buried the original stock-content in a poorly optimized tsunami of content. The best 15 products have been preserved though, and you can add them to your own supermarkets and your own creations as needed :D
They are a part of the extra instances set. Download links are in the main post.

G_J

Unread post by G_J » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:40 pm

Elementary tracks are now available on Re-Volt World! Downloads are in the main post. :)

We're also starting our next theme, Galaxy World! It's a sci-fi indoor park like the ones that were popular in the 80s-early 2000s.