RVGL Track: Destructed City (2019)

Post your own tools and resources, as well as your cars and tracks.
kay

RVGL Track: Destructed City (2019)

Unread post by kay » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:14 pm

Hi all!

It has been a long time but I am still there. Trying to collect the tiny bits of free time to make something useful :)

Today, I am presenting to you:
Destructed City (2019)
-- The war has just started. It is the first day. A raid is coming, should we hold a final race before the total destruction?

This track is RVGL Only. Please use RVGL's latest version. It is a bit short (ca. 200m and has a reverse mode)

Gallery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1B1O5p-ieBQ

Download it from here!
(an SD version will be available soon in RVZ)

Have a nice day!
Last edited by Huki on Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed image link.

Re: RVGL Track: Destructed City (2019)

Unread post by 607 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:53 pm

Ooh, looking forward to trying this out tomorrow! It's been a while indeed.
mmudshark

Unread post by mmudshark » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:45 pm

Nice track but is anyone else having issues with the cam changes?
I tried using v19.0430 and it was a little better, then v19.0330 and it was much better.

Unread post by 607 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:25 am

I got to know that in 2013 another track named "Destructed City" was released, which uses the same modelling. However, in the readme for the 2019 track I could not find any reference to the 2013 track, and in the 2013 track I could not find any reference to "kay" or "kallelay". What's up with this?
Huki
Developer

Unread post by Huki » Tue Sep 03, 2019 12:47 pm

607 wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:25 am and in the 2013 track I could not find any reference to "kay" or "kallelay"
The 2013 readme does mention:
Thanks
________
[...]
KDL for lessons
That's kay.

I'm not sure how else the two tracks are related though.
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:15 pm

Use lowercase letters everywhere, because Linux won't read it, had to use case name changer provided with the linux rvgl version (track appeared to be entirely black). Lowercase fix fixed it.

Also the camera closes up to the car most of the time, mostly when car is near a pavement, but not only, what's up with that?

And some holes between the ground and the wall.

Kipy

Unread post by Kipy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:28 pm

Camera behaviour is present because Kay did not add camera only flag at blender to the track's collision.
kay

Unread post by kay » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Hi all, thank you everyone for the feedback.

I am trying to release a patched version of the track for the camera fix and uppercase/lowercase error in the next days

Yes the track is based on the 2013 but not quite the same.
the base model is from Destructed City (2013), but the overall what-you-feel is totally different I believe.
I tried to patch the holes as much as possible but my guess is that the modeling was done "instance-wise" and remeshing into a single model is deemed extremely painful. so there are sadly some holes if you look deeply in the track =(

Currently I am still trying to figure out the the problem of the camera (which i previously it would be a breeze to fix, but i got it wrong)
Kipy wrote:Camera behaviour is present because Kay did not add camera only flag at blender to the track's collision.
this quite interests me... I will look into it, thank you!