More AI in the race

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Broccoli_nyu

More AI in the race

Unread post by Broccoli_nyu » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:06 pm

Once upon a time I saw a video on YouTube dedicated to the usual version of Re-Volt. There were more than 100 cars in the race. I think it's pretty funny. I would be glad to see it in the RVGL. Can we hope for that?

Re: More AI in the race

Unread post by 607 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:45 pm

I wonder, too! 16 seems enough in most cases, but it could be fun now and then. On most tracks however, the starting grid wouldn't fit, I'm afraid. The cars could be spawned on top of each other, I guess... it'd create quite a mess, but with so many cars there would be a big mess at the start of the race anyway. :P
Black-Revolt001

Unread post by Black-Revolt001 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:42 pm

I already ask 20 and we do not want ...
Gorgonzola

Unread post by Gorgonzola » Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:10 pm

Maybe just 16 on mp sessions and 30 or 40 for singleplayer
VaidX47
Administrator

Unread post by VaidX47 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:39 am

Make 16+ cars only selectable in dev mode, since it's not stable enough to exist under normal gameplay circumstances.
I can only see this as a tool for messing around or testing purposes.
The game gets ridiculous with 16 cars as it is; clockworks mostly get away because of their size, normal cars don't, too cramped at a start grid or others will simply fall under the ground cause tracks were not designed for long/large start grids.
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<
Alex

Unread post by Alex » Wed May 01, 2019 6:35 pm

lots of older tracks, especially lego ones, already have problems with 16 cars and upping that would only deepen the issue. an option for 20 cars would have to rearrange the starting grid into something more compact to work in normal gameplay. right now a band-aid solution for singleplayer is replacing the clockwork carnage car but that only allows for 30 of the same car.

+1 to the suggestion of making it available in dev mode only but those higher numbers would only be meaningful on a compact start grid