[RVGL] Custom .ncp files for objects

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Floke900

[RVGL] Custom .ncp files for objects

Unread post by Floke900 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:30 pm

I created a track with some rotating objects, realized with custom .m files for planets. Some of them are very close to the track, so they should have collisions, but adding collision files (e.g. venus.ncp) doesn't work (likely because they don't have a stock collision file). I tried to find a suitable object that already has a ncp collision, but there is none:
- dragon1.ncp, sphose.ncp, spbase.ncp, spbasegarden.ncp: not moving
- chopper1.ncp, dragoncock.ncp: can't see them ingame (replaced them with other ncps and enabled the 'Render Settings' -> 'Collision' option)... I think they aren't used by the game
- train.ncp, slider.ncp: their type of movement type isn't useful here

I suggest making ncp collision possible for a few more objects, like Spinning Barrel, Planets, Plane, Copter, Boats, Balloon and Horse.

I'd implement it like custom model files are implemented: The game looks for a ncp file in the custom folder, and if none is found, it loads the default one - which does not exist, and therefore the object has no collision.
kiwi

Re: [RVGL] Custom .ncp files for objects

Unread post by kiwi » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:46 am

Yes, this would be very usefull.

At my tracks I solved it like this: At the positions where I placed the m-objects (for example venus.m), I also placed a static mesh inside the levels ncp-file, to get proper (or nearly proper) collisions.

I know this is not possible with all models (especially when they are moving - or rotating (and are not round)), but sometimes it's possible to workaround it like this. For example when your venus.m model is a sphere rotating around it's own center, or when you are using the horse.m object, and it's good enough to have at least a nearly exact collision at the bottom of the object.

However, it would be great if there could be a ncp-file for every model like you've suggested.