Mapcycle system

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Gorgonzola

Mapcycle system

Unread post by Gorgonzola » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:15 pm

Add a mapcycle system, where the host can pre-select the tracks that will be raced, and the mode (either mirrored, reversed or reversed-mirrored). A good example could be the mapcycle.txt in half-life and counter-strike, where you just use a line for every map, and they are playedin descendent order. This system would work for scheduled sessions; the host should just hit the next race button.
kiwi

Re: Mapcycle system

Unread post by kiwi » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 pm

Such a feature wouldn't hurt, but I wonder, if it wouldn't be more work to compile this textfile, instead of just chosing the next track manually.
Gorgonzola

Unread post by Gorgonzola » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:54 am

Necropost, but i think that it could -besides the mapcycle system- feature a more dynamic way to change laps and toggle pickups, if needed. Something like

{track = <track folder>
laps = <number>
pickups = <1/0>}

or:

<Track folder> <laps> <pickups on/off>

Unread post by 607 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Kiwi wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:47 pm Such a feature wouldn't hurt, but I wonder, if it wouldn't be more work to compile this textfile, instead of just chosing the next track manually.
But in this case you wouldn't need to alt+tab out of Re-Volt between races or keep an extra screen with you. Sometimes I've written the tracks on a piece of paper, but that certainly costs more time than compiling a textfile.
Nice suggestion. :)
Gorgonzola's idea would be cool. Consistent custom cups!
ZipperZbieracz

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:25 am

F11 is more convenient than alt tab