Splitscreen Network Multiplayer + Objects in Multiplayer

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
dipar

Re-Volt Splitscreen Network Multiplayer + Objects in Multiplayer

Unread post by dipar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:00 pm

One thing I would like to see is the existence of objects in multiplayer (like glass bottles and ABC blocks).

Second, I usually play this game with my cousins and we always have se same problem. We usually have 2 computers in hand and there are usually 5 of us playing. So we can't play all at the same time. I was wondering if you guys could implement a splitscreen game mode that could connect to other computers in the same network.

Thank you
Last edited by dipar on Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
URV
Administrator

Re: Splitscreen Network Multiplayer + Objects in Multiplayer

Unread post by URV » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Keeping track of objects in online sessions is the same as having to keep track of additional cars. The idea has been tried out already, but it simply does not work out well. I am unsure of the exact issue, but I believe it puts a lot of strain on the session and would likely to result in lag.

Connecting to an online session via split-screen should be a lot less problematic to implement, so it is possible that we might see that in the future.
dipar

Re: Splitscreen Network Multiplayer + Objects in Multiplayer

Unread post by dipar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Thanks for your answer and attention :D

I've noticed that some objects are present in multiplayer like the coloured ball in toy world but I understand the limitations and consequences of adding even more.