Blue flag for lapped cars

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Sauss-Ente

Blue flag for lapped cars

Unread post by Sauss-Ente » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:25 am

It looks like Re-Volt has a rather special etiquette about racing online. One such thing is to avoid shooting the lapped cars deliberately. This is not that obvious, as in other online racing games, there is no problem whatsoever with wrecking each others races, but I get that small wrecks can have a big impact in the tight pack in an RVGL race. And it's nicer racing "manners" anyways.

But there are some small things that you could improve in the HUD to remind those manners.

Display a blue flag in the corner of the screen, when the leading car approaches you from behind. Optimal would be to display that flag each time a faster car approaches from behind.

Also, if technically possible, to distinguish between lapped cars and cars you are actually racing against, change the colour of the player's names, that are above the cars. Grey them out or make them transparent to show: "None of your business. I'm not your opponent."

Just some minor details really.
ZipperZbieracz

Re: Blue flag for lapped cars

Unread post by ZipperZbieracz » Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:12 pm

Strange, in the races I play there never have been any rules in regards to racing and in-race behaviour. You must have been playing in some weird lobbies.
BGM
Developer

Re: Blue flag for lapped cars

Unread post by BGM » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:24 am

Hello there,

Re-Volt, in and of itself, doesn't have any special etiquette about racing online. In fact, Re-Volt, in its original setting, doesn't have any rules that apply during the race other than following the track so that you don't get an "X" for racing in the wrong direction.

These "etiquettes", or special sets of rules, are created and enforced by each specific Re-Volt community or player. They were created to better accommodate the game for a public scene, but, like I said before, they are not part of the game itself.

RVGL is meant to be a port of Re-Volt, therefore, I'm afraid we cannot implement these things.

Thanks for the suggestion, though!