Re-Volt Mysteries - Bargarama & Old Custom Content

Talk about general topics regarding Re-Volt and the community.
Lu9

Re-Volt Mysteries - Bargarama & Old Custom Content

Unread post by Lu9 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:29 pm

I decided to make this topic because of something that has been unresolved for me for quite a while...

Even though the "Bargarama" cheat was discovered in 2010,
I somehow managed to see "the face" (as I used to call it) many years ago when I was still 7, or 8... using only the MAKEITGOOD cheat. (And of course, upon seeing it for the first time, without expecting anything, it scared the shit out of me...)

What I did was go into either Objects mode or AI Nodes mode (both of them worked), and the face would replace the environment bitmap.
I know it's actually confirmed that you can make it appear in AI Nodes mode by using the numpad, but as far as I remember, I didn't do that, and the actual nodes themselves didn't change into colored versions of the face, only the envstill changed...
I really don't know how I managed to get that...

But speaking of that, there was another interesting incident that also happened in Re-Volt to me as a kid:
Weird texture issues and tracks using the texture of the previously loaded track instead.
Sometimes the textures would change into stuff that looks like Windows buttons (all gray) especially noticeable in the loading screens, and then if you went to another level, it would use the textures from the previous level instead. It was definitely some interesting aesthetics...
Did anyone else get this?

Finally, the last thing I'm in doubt about is, back then, I had just a few custom tracks and one car, apparently downloaded by my dad - they were Venice, PetroVolt, Yabba Dabba Doo, and The Matrix, which are classics for sure... but the one car, I just can't find it anymore... it's a mini cooper (?) car with "realistic" textures, it's probably archived in re-volt zone, I just can't find it though...
but still, anyone else who had these exact tracks + car combination in the past?
Kipy

Re: Re-Volt Mysteries - Bargarama & Old Custom Content

Unread post by Kipy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:47 am

There are some Minis at RVZ, but probably Randy's one was the first posted. Maybe that one you are looking for.

Re: Re-Volt Mysteries - Bargarama & Old Custom Content

Unread post by 607 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:02 pm

Huh, interesting! I never experienced anything like that.