PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Post about the progress of your projects.
User avatar
607
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:26 pm

This is hard... but I'll try to make something that can be included within the 100. :)
User avatar
607
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm

My sponsor is now Pemtant, by the way, obviously inspired by Pemto and Pemta. It also looks nicer than 'Ants'.

Edit: I seem to recall merging messages together being preferred above posting another post on this forum, but I can't seem to delete this one to do so. I can report it, but I have to choose from a drop-down menu, and a fitting option doesn't seem to be available.
User avatar
Kiwi
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: AT

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by Kiwi » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 am

607 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm
My sponsor is now Pemtant, by the way, obviously inspired by Pemto and Pemta. It also looks nicer than 'Ants'.
So you won't release the Ants-car? To bad, I really liked it. :( Maybe pick another number for it? :D
Every wall is built to watch it fall | Kiw y Gvalch'ca | My Re-Volt creations
User avatar
607
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:23 am

Kiwi wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:27 am
607 wrote:
Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:43 pm
My sponsor is now Pemtant, by the way, obviously inspired by Pemto and Pemta. It also looks nicer than 'Ants'.
So you won't release the Ants-car? To bad, I really liked it. :( Maybe pick another number for it? :D
As said on Discord: I will, it's just getting a different name. :)
User avatar
607
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:05 pm

Picking favourites out of 100 cars seems difficult. Couldn't we do a first round where everyone just says 'Yes' or 'No' for every car (whether they like it or not), and the 32 cars with the highest Yes/No ratio go on to the next round?
User avatar
Kiwi
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: AT

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by Kiwi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am

Good idea, 607. Details about the voting procedure will follow today in the evening.

The voting will start on Wednesday, 18:00 UTC! Details will follow.
The deadline for Livery-Submission was on April 10th 2018.
Every wall is built to watch it fall | Kiw y Gvalch'ca | My Re-Volt creations
User avatar
Kiwi
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: AT

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by Kiwi » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

The voting for the PPP has started. For details, please have a look at the #announcement channel at Discord.

Deadline for your votes is Sunday, April 15th 2018.
Every wall is built to watch it fall | Kiw y Gvalch'ca | My Re-Volt creations
User avatar
607
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am

How are you going to count the votes? Divide the amount of checkmarks by the amount of crosses, I guess? At first I thought you could just subtract, but then cars that got less overall votes will be having a disadvantage.
User avatar
Kiwi
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: AT

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by Kiwi » Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am

607 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:14 am
How are you going to count the votes? Divide the amount of checkmarks by the amount of crosses, I guess? At first I thought you could just subtract, but then cars that got less overall votes will be having a disadvantage.
I don't see this as an disadvantage when cars got less overall votes then others. This just means, that not so many people want to see the car in the pack (or not so many doesn't want to see it in the pack). Usually this happens with not so eye-catching or very neutral cars.

We're not making rocket science out of it. We will just generate a delta-value, by substracting down-votes from up-votes. The 24 cars with the best delta-value will make it to the final.
Every wall is built to watch it fall | Kiw y Gvalch'ca | My Re-Volt creations
User avatar
607
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am

Kiwi wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am
I don't see this as an disadvantage when cars got less overall votes then others. This just means, that not so many people want to see the car in the pack (or not so many doesn't want to see it in the pack). Usually this happens with not so eye-catching or very neutral cars.

We're not making rocket science out of it. We will just generate a delta-value, by substracting down-votes from up-votes. The 24 cars with the best delta-value will make it to the final.
I disagree. If someone doesn't want a car in the pack, they should vote against it, not not vote at all. I think the cars with less votes would be cars that are in the middle of the pack, as opposed to at opposite ends.
But at this point, the calculations have already been done, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
User avatar
Kiwi
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: AT

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by Kiwi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:10 am

The Core-Team voting is over!

We reduced the 24 cars voted by the whole community to 16 cars. The cars who will be in the final pack are the following:

(Sorted by starting number)
    00 - Kiwi - "Pace Car"
    09 - Kiwi - "Petrovolt"
    16 - Strinabre - "Hydroglue"
    35 - URV - "Lugo 360"
    38 - Dave-o-Rama - "Track Editor"
    40 - Flyboy - "Best Milk"
    42 - Thatmotorfreak - "Corndogs"
    57 - Iron Bob - "FuryStone tires"
    61 - Rho Cassiopeiae - "Torihar"
    65 - Skarma - "Tying Aircraft"
    68 - Kiwi - "Sipperstylez"
    70 - Xarc - "ZEF"
    75 - Xarc - "Fizzy"
    88 - Xarc - "Food Vault"
    90 - z3r0l33t - "Equinoxe"
    98 - Xarc - "RE-VOLT"
The cars which didn't made it to the final 16, will be released in an additional pack, later.

You can find the results of the public voting here: PPP-Results.pdf

The planned release date for the main-pack is Monday, April 30th 2018.
Every wall is built to watch it fall | Kiw y Gvalch'ca | My Re-Volt creations
User avatar
Kiwi
Posts: 70
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:04 pm
Location: AT

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by Kiwi » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:47 am

607 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:35 am
Kiwi wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:38 am

I don't see this as an disadvantage when cars got less overall votes then others. This just means, that not so many people want to see the car in the pack (or not so many doesn't want to see it in the pack). Usually this happens with not so eye-catching or very neutral cars.

We're not making rocket science out of it. We will just generate a delta-value, by substracting down-votes from up-votes. The 24 cars with the best delta-value will make it to the final.

I disagree. If someone doesn't want a car in the pack, they should vote against it, not not vote at all. I think the cars with less votes would be cars that are in the middle of the pack, as opposed to at opposite ends.
But at this point, the calculations have already been done, so I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
607, I have tested your variant, only to see the difference. There is only a difference for one car. With your calculation, Mountain Pew would have made it to the final 24, and The Cleaners not.

I understand, what your idea was, but in this case we were lucky that there was not a big difference.

Look here:

Image
Every wall is built to watch it fall | Kiw y Gvalch'ca | My Re-Volt creations
User avatar
607
Posts: 75
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:49 pm

Re: PPP - The Pemto Pack Project

Unread post by 607 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm

Alright, thanks for checking it! :)
Post Reply