Menu exclusive controls

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
shara--

Menu exclusive controls

Unread post by shara-- » Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:31 pm

there is a problem when the "select controller" option in the controller options menu is changed to somehing else, which causes the inputs to only read from that selected controller. for example, when the controller is set to a gamepad, then the controls only work on the gamepad, including menu and input config.

this can be troublesome when trying to set the controller option to something uncommon or experimental, like steering wheels or vJoy. when the "select controller" is set to those and then the input are configured, the keyboard controls ceases to function and the game only tries to read from the selected input controller. this can led to the menu being literally unmovable due to lack of "menu inputs" config from the selected controller, while the keyboard controls not working due to not being selected.

here is my suggestion:
how about a input controls exclusive only to the menu?
like, there is a configurable input options that will only work in the menus.
for example, while setting up controls for a steering wheel, the "exclusive menu controls" is set to keyboard inputs. so, the menu is still movable with the keyboard and the steering wheel input controls for gameplay can be configured.

this picture is why i suggested this, along with my experience with experimenting with vJoy controls: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png
shara--

Re: Menu exclusive controls

Unread post by shara-- » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:27 am

upon more testing and experimentation, the controls just refuses to work as evidenced by these images.
original discord message here