[Done] Hiding the chat mid-race

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
URV
Administrator

[Done] Hiding the chat mid-race

Unread post by URV » Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:59 am

A lot of players tend to be easily distracted by the in-game chat. In competitive races, this can definitely be an issue. Since there are also players like me, who instead prefer seeing the various quips, taunts, or important information that may be provided through the in-game chat, I am not very keen on discouraging mid-race chatting. As a result, I would like to suggest an option for players to hide new chat messages while they are still racing.

In addition to this, I think it would be helpful to be able to check the chat history (using Page Up/Down, perhaps), so these players would still be able to read the missed messages after they cross the finish line. It would also be very helpful for hosts, when the chat is going by too fast.
SebR

Re: Hiding the chat mid-race

Unread post by SebR » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:25 pm

+1 with URV
Damn DROPBOX !!! If you found broken link PM me

AlicebanD an English voice that you must discover !!
Deanfun

Unread post by Deanfun » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:11 pm

+1
Santiii727

Unread post by Santiii727 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:29 pm

+1, mmud appprove this.
mmudshark

Unread post by mmudshark » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:34 pm

I agree
MarraX

Unread post by MarraX » Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:11 pm

+1 for me too
kiwi

Unread post by kiwi » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:08 am

I like the second idea very much.

But how can the first idea be solved in a good way? Is activating/deactivating via button a possibility, or would it be a general setting in the game options menu?

Mid race chat is especially anoying when there are a lot of players in the lobby, and some individuals write more shit then others. If it is a menu setting, it‘s a little bit complicated to switch. Because especially on races with low amount of players or players who know each other very well, I don‘t want to disable in-game-chat.

So there should be a fast possibility to activate/deactivate.

Edit: I didn‘t wrote the word Rv Loco in the third part. This is some kind of auto correction. Replace it with the word of things coming out from the other side from your mouth.
URV
Administrator

Unread post by URV » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 pm

I initially thought of just having it as an extra option in the general settings, but you make a good point there. Having a hotkey (or at least the ability to assign one) to easily enable or disable the chat could prove quite useful, yes.
Vogelrok

Unread post by Vogelrok » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:27 pm

Sounds interesting. Chat spam can be really annoying.
Balesz

Unread post by Balesz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:34 pm

+0.5
I'd better like to have the chat size editable, so you still can see the chat while you have a decent view angle.

As long as it's not implemented yet, you can try to paint the text file 0;0;0, so you won't see the chat :tubers:, it can be useful for competitions.
If you pay with yen I will give you discount...
L!LMexican

Unread post by L!LMexican » Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:00 pm

+1
with URV
I'm Gonna Pass You.

Taro