In game track deletion

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
Pyves

In game track deletion

Unread post by Pyves » Sun May 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Hello there!

I often download several new Re-Volt tracks at the same time, but generally only enjoy one or two of them and end up deleting the rest. Therefore I have to quit Re-Volt, go back to my game folder and try to remember the names of the ones I didn't like and remove them. When you have a lot of new tracks you've only played once or when you simply have over 100 tracks like I do, this can be a bit tricky, especially with the lack of easily viewable track banners in desktop file explorers. Some tracks also have confusing folder names, which doesn't help.

It would be nice if a track could directly be deleted from within the game. If you didn't enjoy the track you just played, simply go back to the track selection window and delete it. Some sort of confirmation box would probably be good user experience at that point.

Thanks for considering my suggestion! ;)

Cheers,

Pyves
kiwi

Re: In game track deletion

Unread post by kiwi » Mon May 07, 2018 4:36 am

This is a very good suggestion in my eyes. My upvote for this! I have exactly the same experience then Pyves. I’m sorting out downloaded stuff regularly, and this is always a very annoying job to do with this sometimes crazy folder names. By the way: More often I have the problem with cars, then with tracks.

Unread post by 607 » Mon May 07, 2018 7:33 am

Oh? Do you guys sort by Modified? I can imagine this being an issue when sorting by Name, but not otherwise.
Marv
Developer

Unread post by Marv » Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 am

I do like the idea but I'd much rather let a launcher handle this :eyes:
Or, you know, wait for scripting support...
Pyves

Unread post by Pyves » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:49 pm

607 wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:33 am Oh? Do you guys sort by Modified? I can imagine this being an issue when sorting by Name, but not otherwise.
I've just downloaded a bunch of tracks today and have been struggling again. The "Modified" date in Windows corresponds to the date when the files were zipped together (at least with my current setup). If you download a very old track, it shows up as 2005, which doesn't help. Some track folder names also don't really match the track name, so on some occasions I've had to re-download the tracks from RVZ again to find out what the corresponding folder is, and then delete it. Very cumbersome. :?
Tavisco

Unread post by Tavisco » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:57 pm

Marv wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:36 am I do like the idea but I'd much rather let a launcher handle this :eyes:
Or, you know, wait for scripting support...
Yep, agree with Marv

Unread post by 607 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Pyves wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:49 pm I've just downloaded a bunch of tracks today and have been struggling again. The "Modified" date in Windows corresponds to the date when the files were zipped together (at least with my current setup). If you download a very old track, it shows up as 2005, which doesn't help. Some track folder names also don't really match the track name, so on some occasions I've had to re-download the tracks from RVZ again to find out what the corresponding folder is, and then delete it. Very cumbersome. :?
That does happen, yes, but it should update once you refresh.
But honestly, I do recall downloading a track from RVZ just because I can't figure out the folder name (just for other reasons, as I usually don't delete tracks :P).
Instant

Unread post by Instant » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:38 am

That does happen, yes, but it should update once you refresh.
No it does not. "date modified" always refers to the date the track was packed. 09/01 for Spa-Volt 1.

Would also like to see this feature implemented, one way or another.