Pickup management

Post suggestions regarding RVGL here in this subforum.
r6te

Pickup management

Unread post by r6te » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 pm

A suggestion to try to decrease toxicity in IO races - 'limited pickup' mode. IO races often have 16 cars, resulting in a lot of pickups for the tracks. Perhaps set a limit, like 50% compared to usual.
VaidX47
Administrator

Re: Pickup management

Unread post by VaidX47 » Tue May 01, 2018 2:44 pm

Quoting my post which was possibly overlooked, but what I imagine "pickup management" is basically this:
VaidX47 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:55 am There's a possibility to softcode such modifiers, like pickup drop weights, battery duration, default multi weapon quantity (which is locked to 3 for rockets and waterballoons), firework strength, oil puddle size/duration and so on. With this offline players and hosts could create their own custom rulesets for varied, different gameplay experience with more choices, if wanted. With custom defined pickup weights, for example, LMS (Last Man Standing) mode could be improved and make more sense. So killing two birds with one stone.
And all that would be done and read from an external configuration file (or data received from host, if multiplayer).
So pickup quantity limits would be one of the options for so called "custom rulesets".

Now I understand quantity limit is just one of the things, but I think having something with more options in one section is a better choice in a long term. I believe people will want to try more things if this single one would get implemented, so they will start suggesting more stuff related to pickups (if they are not already).
aka Vaid; >[MediaFire Stuff]<